Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Is there value in this River Bet

Villan has been very quiet so far been around maybe 2 orbits and all signs point to weak tight. The whole tables been tight passive (pre) and fairlly calling station (post) but I didn't see this guy go to showdown yet. What's you line against a quiet player on the river, and what hands do you put him on? Think the rest of the hand is pretty standard though coment if something sticks out to you.

Absolute Poker .50/1 (9 players)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Raises, 1 Fold, MP1 calls, 6 Folds

Flop: (5.5 sb)3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, MP1 calls

Turn: (3.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, MP1 calls

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, MP1 calls

Final Pot (7.75 BB)

Looking at it now I don't think villan calls the turn or river with a worse hand, but at the time I was thinking a pocket pair would play scared like this, even on this board cause I was running hot and LAGing the weak/tight table. Should I have checked Turn or River?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Is there value in this River Bet

I dont know really. You are either way ahead or way behind but more often way ahead imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I might have c/c the river. If it was the reverse and villain was betting I would have called it down the entire way.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Im such a calling station sometimes.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might have c/c the river. If it was the reverse and villain was betting I would have called it down the entire way.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Im such a calling station sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad I am a calling station in these situations too. Ask anyone who's played me in the MLL. In these situations if I have the lead (in betting) I like to keep the offensive, and if they are leading the betting then I think their just trying to bully me.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:42 PM

I value bet that river against pretty much anyone.

There are only two cards that you're really worried about here. If he had one of them, you probably would have known on the turn. Some will slowplay it though, so the possibility he has trip aces is still there. However, he also knows that with paired aces on the board it's less likely you have one. So I'd say almost all players will call you on the river with QQ, just a jack, and worse. If you check to passive players here, they will usually take the free showdown here if they have a worse hand.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:54 PM

Bet until they give you reason not to. If there was another calling station on the turn and river, then a river check could be in order.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I value bet that river against pretty much anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bet until they give you reason not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is kinda how I felt I just seem to go a bit far sometimes and then the W/T turn over some crap I would have capped and they never bet it once and I wonder if I should have seen it comming.