Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2004, 12:00 AM

Default Doom Themed Poker Chips

I have created a very rough draft of the chips Im designing based on the Doom video game. For those who havent read my previous posts on the topic. The Idea of these chips is to have different monsters from the game the weaker monsters will be on the low value chips while the stronger monsters will be on the higher value chips. I am open to group buys if there is any interest in this at all, otherwise Ill be getting these made for myself either way. Right now tho I am at the phase where I need advice/comments. I dont like the text on it "Doomed Poker Club" and I am actually against denominations. My problem is the chips look too empty without the text, so If i remove what is there then what do i put in its place? Ive been thinking for 2 weeks for what to do with the text and have been drawing blanks. The doom sprites are low resolution and look "pixely" when working with these chips in photoshop, but after they get printed at actual size the pixelation effect will be reduced. (ive done some prints to size)

Right now everything is up in the air for revision except the theme and the monsters. The breakdown on monsters/colors will be as follows (in order of value low to high)

White: Shotgun Sargent

Red: Imp

Blue: Demon

Green: Baron from Hell

Black: CyberDemon

Here is a small render of the actual chip.
(click thumbnail to view actual size)

Here is a render at the original resolution im working with (click thumbnail to view actual size)