Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: My girlfriend was drugged

[ QUOTE ]
ghb has no taste thats the problem...

this is one thread that just should'nt go in that direction

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], clearly you have never tried GHB. It is the most foul tasting thing on the face of the earth. A quarter cap of the stuff will make an entire glass of your favorite beverage all but undrinkable.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys who drug women and rape them should be drugged and left in the prison yard on the first day of their sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree
Old 12-28-2005, 02:35 PM

did anyone try to talk to him? did he respond?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:37 PM

That sucks, but in the nature of OOT, I'll 1-up you. I am practically certain I ingested GHB no more than a week or two ago.

These two girls from the midwest come out to Vegas. My buddy is seeing one of them, and asks me to look after them (make sure they have fun, but not too much fun). Since

- I rarely get to travel in packs where the number of hot girls in my group outnumber the guys
- They were looking for a way to show their gratitude to me for being such a good tour guide (because showing hot girls around Vegas such a chore), and
- I wasn't really allowed to touch them

I decided to use the girls as currency to bounce right in to Tao at the Venetian. Life is good, I buy the girls drinks, and next thing you know, this guy asks the girls if they would like to go upstairs to the VIP room. The girls are naive and are afraid of things in Vegas labeled "VIP" and are apprehensive to accept. I tell them the VIP room is a good place. The guy tells them Jamie Pressley (sp?) is having her birthday party up there. He looks at me and tells me there is an open bar. This sounded like a good idea.

We stumble upstairs (well, I stumbled...I was drunk). I go to the bar and order a round for us. I take the drinks back to the girls and start talking to them, since I am a good host. Much to our chagrin, we don't see Jaime Pressley or anyone else we recognize. Oh well, drinks are free. I pound my drink because I know protocol for an open bar. Melissa finishes her cosmo right behind me and tells Tara she needs to go to the bathroom. Tara is in the middle of some conversation with me, but follows her as soon as I shut my liquor hole. I polish off her half-finished Long Island and go to the bar to reload for all three of us. After that, I don't remember much, but Melissa said Tara and I incredibly out of character for the rest of the night. Moments later, I was allegedly sitting outside Tao completely ignoring some cute and concerned girl who was inquiring about my current health. Melissa then found me and took the three of us looking for a cab stand. At some point in the night, I apparently was on the strip trying to hail a cab from the middle lane of traffic, insisting my way was faster than going to the cab stand. In the cab home, I offered my dissertation on the structural engineering marvel that is the Venetian (I don't know a thing about structural engineering).

Anywho, I woke up on the hotel room floor. Thank God the girls didn't take advantage of me in my altered state...how terrible would that have been? After hearing a semi-sober recount of the previous evening, the girls went home the next day and Tara took a test and tested positive for GHB. Even though I laughed it off with the girls and have no problem telling people I was date-raped, I was pretty pissed at myself for letting that happen. Suffice to say, my eye is going to be a little more wary from this point on.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:41 PM

nice story, but how is this any different than how people act when they are completely ripped?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice story, but how is this any different than how people act when they are completely ripped?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe the completely ignoring some cute and concerned girl who was inquiring about my current health part would be a little different if he was just ripped...
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 PM

That is a crazy story. I think I speak for all of OOT, I hope you find the bastards that did this. The press will be a huge resource to use. They probably do better investiagtion than the police. Use the newspaper first, then any TV. The newspaper will post the story, then every single news agency in your area will try to contact you so they can get an interview (Local news loves raitings). Because if this happened to you and your friends, odds are the same people have tried or plan to in the future, pull this off again.

GHB will mess you up even with no alcohol. Hope you can get some resolution to this. Good luck man.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 PM

I'm a very distinctive character when I am drunk...I'm sure people will vouch for me on this. I don't ignore girls, I'm a capable enough drunk to not stand in traffic, and if I'm going to lie while drunk, I'll find a better topic than the Venetian. I didn't flirt in any way, shape or form with either of my guests. And most importantly, I usually have a good memory of my night when I wake up. I totally blacked out that night.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK...having been someone who's served time for possessing GHB

tests will always show it...it is a naturally occuring substance within the human body

this is not proof of the use of the substance

GHB is a salt...it's often used in liquid form as it is diluted with water. The salt is so potent that it's tough to get the dosage correct

99%+ of GHB use is recreational/self-benefits

There have been less than 5 nationwide cases in the USA for the use of GHB for rape/melestation/etc

cops/doctors use it as a cop-out---since the test will come out positive

GHB hits a person like alot of alcohol--it fills the GABA receptors in the brain in a similar way. However, most people notice more awareness on it than a similar amount of alcohol with the same amount of loss of inhibitions. A slowed breathing rate, heart rate, and passing out are quite common from over dosage. I saw one other effect once that was quite strange, my roommate repeated the same 10 actions over and over again for about an hour. It was like his brain was a record skipping.

GHB hysteria has been created by the alcohol/beverage companies early in the drugs cycle. They didn't want to compete against something that gives the good feelings of alcohol, but doesn't give hangovers, helps with sleep, helps with muscle recovery, etc. The drug war afficionados picked up the argument of course and now the world is polluted with more propoganda than truth.

Good job to get the girls out right away

[/ QUOTE ]

TY if that was a compliment. Im not so sure it was based on your info you stated earlier. I would like your opinion on why the hospital would be quick to tell us she had been drugged? If it's a natural chemical, could the presence of too much of it in someone indicate someone having been drugged? Do you doubt that the majority of people are drugging people with this with the intent to rape?

MDoranD

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely a compliment

anytime things seem to be strange, it's much better to be safer than sorry. It's also quite clear that the ladies were suffering from something.

Yes, it can be possible to determine if the amount of GHB in the system is too high, but it takes a long time for the results of such a test....12 hours +. (This was as of a few years ago, maybe things have changed.) What's worse is that there is only about a 4 hour window from consumption to catch the increased levels of GHB in a human. (Thus, the small number of convictions.)

As for the hospital, once a doctor/nurse gets hit by the GHB propoganda, they look for it all the time. Miraculously, they always find it...duh.

I've had a few experiences where 3-4 drinks of normal alcohol have completely knocked me and some of my friends out. I asked a good friend about this and he said it was more likely due to something we ate before/during drinking and/or the residue of cleaning material in the glasses. take that FWIW. I'm sure no one was looking to drug a few dudes in a public bar despite my sweet ass.

I would say the great, great, great majority of GHB users have no intention whatsoever of rape, etc. I used to deal it. I've used it hundreds of times. I've known hundreds of users and none were using it for date rape. It's an amazing substance with proper usage.

However, there has been a bad apple or two that the national media picked up on. The colorless, odorless, slightly salty liquid mix makes it potentially a dangerous weapon as well as the fact it's out of the body so quickly. The potential for harm is there. That is the big issue.

Trust me, I do not recommend consuming GHB anymore. When I got caught possessing about 50 doses, the state hammered me. I had no record whatsoever before and still had to get a lucky plea deal for a 3 year sentence in the lovely Illinois Department of Corrections. fun times.

It just appears as though the facts of this drug are clouded by the hysteria. It might very well have come up with your girlfriend. I just wouldn't trust the doctors word so easily. The successful convictions for GHB doping have not been in large public bars with groups of girls. They've been single girls isolate at bars or small parties. Dosing a whole group is quite difficult and would seem to contradict the intent of such a doping. A mass doping would make it tougher for a perverted low-life [censored] to rape a girl.

BTW- I'm
drug free since '99 and kind of pissed about it
Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank God the girls didn't take advantage of me in my altered state...how terrible would that have been?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is they tried, but couldn't get you up because of your drugged state.