Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 AM

Default K6s in bb

Any comments appreciated on this hand. Not sure I played it well on any street. I've been bouncing around playing different games and am trying to get more serious about learning 6-max and I know I have several leaks.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP folds.

River: (9.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 10-14-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: K6s in bb

c/r the flop, definately c/r the turn if you don't on the flop
Old 10-14-2005, 02:23 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I'm ok with it. on the flop you can't be too crazy about your hand and you can't protect it anyway. out of position, just like NL, it's sometimes best to keep the pot small so you can make better decisions later.

the turn I'd bet out. the board is such that a preflop raiser might check with a lot of hands. you have a pretty nice handed, even 4 handed.

given that it's checked to the CO, I don't know that it's an easy raise. it seems that way at first to protect your hand. but you're leaving them getting 8-1, which is enough for 6 outs. but you also have a flush draw which kills their outs, so very few hands that would call for 1 and fold for 2 that you don't want calling. plus you're getting implied odds off them because of your flush draw.

in general though I think you should be more aggressive in these hands. in this specific hand I think it was ok, but you can stick your neck out more in limit since you're getting a better price on the chances you take.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:20 AM

bet the flop. say it again. bet the flop. always bet the flop. bet the flop with top pair. bet the flop with 2pair. bet the flop with trips. bet the flop.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:43 AM

well, given MPs relative pos, and COs "just call" on the flop, i think youre gonna have the best hand there often, so checkraising looks good... given you chose to just call (thats ok), the rest of the hand looks fine.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:50 AM

this is exactly the opposite of my philosophies in poker. i say never bet the flop. always checkraise. never bet. always checkraise.

checkcall is ok too and i like it in this instance.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 AM

i would checkraise if CO bet it, but MP's donkbet represents a probable king and i dont think you have value in a checkraise with no kicker. give me K9+ and i would checkraise for value, but with K6 i would checkcall and checkcall the turn with a possible bet/call, bet/fold or check/call river line.