Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Entry fee tournament question

At want entry fee break point do you experienced players feel that the fishes and donks are down to a minimum and the field is populated w/mostly sensible players? $50, $100, 200?

Then based on that break point, what should the bankroll be at to play at that entry level?

I know some of u also play SnG's. Same question above for those also.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Entry fee tournament question

[ QUOTE ]
At want entry fee break point do you experienced players feel that the fishes and donks are down to a minimum and the field is populated w/mostly sensible players?

[/ QUOTE ]
$25,000.

[ QUOTE ]
Then based on that break point, what should the bankroll be at to play at that entry level?

[/ QUOTE ]
$2-million or so.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:01 PM

You'll find donks everywhere. I would say at the $100+ buyin the fields mostly consist of sensible players.

Figuring out the bankroll requirements for the MTTs is a tough question. I'll just say that it's not impossible to finish out of the money 10-15 times in a row in the big field MTTs.

I'll just say that the Sit and Gos are quite profitable at the $50+ level.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:16 PM

If there are satellites, then it doesn't matter as there will be plenty of donks in any tourny, no matter what the buy in.

If you had a tournament where you could only buy in for the full price because there were no satellites, then players who feel comfortable at that level would enter.

But let's say that instead of entering a $200 tourny, someone enters a satellite that costs $200 and they win a seat into a $2k tourny. Now they can play wilder than they normally would.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At want entry fee break point do you experienced players feel that the fishes and donks are down to a minimum and the field is populated w/mostly sensible players? $50, $100, 200?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

this post would make more sense if the follow-up question were "what's the bankroll req. for one level below that?"
Old 07-18-2005, 05:39 PM

I understand about the satalite effect to a tourney, but there are daily $50+ buy in MTT tourneys that are offered. Those are the type that my question was geared towards.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand about the satalite effect to a tourney, but there are daily $50+ buy in MTT tourneys that are offered. Those are the type that my question was geared towards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the donk factor decreases, even with satellites, as the buy-in increases. Therefore, your $50 events would have a high donk factor.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

this post would make more sense if the follow-up question were "what's the bankroll req. for one level below that?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Same mentality as "I can't beat 3/6 because the stupid fish calling stations always suck-out on me so I'm thinking about moving up to 10/20 where the players will respect my raises."