Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Trouble at the Tournaments (Online)

[ QUOTE ]
when and where u wanna play heads up ninja?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you think heads up would be the best to determine anything between us is laughable.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:26 PM

Hey, Italian,

Just some quick thoughts to your post:

1) If loosing $40 playing MTT in 3 days is too stressful then learn ABC push monkey poker and play some low buyin SnGs to build your bankroll (also great for learning final table play and good pushing opportunities). *Not cashing in MTTs is the NORM not the exception.

2) Folding PP below 99 or whatever you said is awful. If you are dealt a low PP limp it, call a reasonable raise with it, hit a set and stack your opponent. Small PPs are great implied odds hands. Folding these early on is terrible.

3) Yes, play suited connectors. If you can limp in with a few other players they are great hands- again good implied odds. Not playing hands with big implied odds early on is a sure fire way to NOT have a stack at later blind levels.

4) I don't like playing A8/A9 whatever because they suck. Your either out kicked or someone has a pair of tens and your TPTK is done. Donks like play these hands early don't do it yourself. The only time I might play them is from LP or the SB with a bunch of limpers and when I have Axsooooted.

4)Get compfortable stealing blinds later on in the tourney- you must be able to keep up with them in these 15min blind level tourneys, or you're gonna be dead.

5) Don't be afraid to push when your stack gets around 10 BBs. Waiting it out to get a "real hand" is asking for trouble. Pushing QQ with 3 BBs is worse than pushing KQo with 10 BBs.

6) Take notes on your opponents. See who can fold when reraised. This will help a ton when you start playing situations rather than cards as you get later in the tournament.

7) Don't be afraid to bust out early! Woodguy has a great post on this titled "Oh my!! Should I risk my TOURNAMENT LIFE!! so early?!?!?!"

8) There is no "formula". Play a lot, post a lot, and read a lot here. This place is more valuable than ANY book out there.

Gl.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:29 PM

Take more chances with cheaper blinds preflop. If the table is not aggressive preflop limp w/ any pair in any position and any suited connecter 56s and above from the last 3 seats or so. If the pot gets raised behind you don't commit more then 10% of your stack. But be willing to gamble w/ around 5% or less. You can still call with pairs if its around 7% but I'd throw away the connectors unless your closing the action. This same advice goes for cold calling raises early. After the flop play pairs only for sets and check fold the rest unless you have an overpair like 88 to a 6 or 7 high flop and can go on to protect your hand that way. Don't play overpairs like this in raised pots though, only play for sets. As for connectors continue only if you flop a flush draw, open ender, two pair, trips, or a made flush or straight etc... Fold to every other flop unless someone makes a stupid mini bet where you have good odds to try and catch trips or two pair. Only play this way when the blinds are small. Fold the small pairs and connectors when the blinds get big to your stack or big to other people's stack. These hands could give you an early double up to keep your chip stack healthy for when the blinds do go up.