Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Live 1-3 NL at the Wynn

You need to push. You probably will get called by a pair and a straight draw and be a favorite. You have outs against a made straight and this will be great for your 'tightish' image. You are pretty short and have top two, so get your money in the middle. Who knows? you may even get called by an overpair.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:27 PM

Obvious push or fold situation. Obvious push. Not close at all given your stack size. My guess is that original bettor is being a donkey with a diamond draw and tight player has a middle pair and is trying to isolate.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:36 PM

Actually, hearing others inputs, I change my opinion to a push. You are 16% to win against any hand.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:23 PM

sup bro, what are you doing away from the SNGs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think pre-flop is fine, you have enough callers to get stacked off if you hit the str8...I bet it's 50/50 on folks opinions here, but I dont see an issue.

on the flop, sounds like raise from LAG doesnt mean much, but the re-raise from the tight player *may*. I say *may* b/c he may have caught a piece of the flop and know what you do about the LAG...re-raise seems appropriate on a semi-bluff, $45 is a big bet for a made str8...maybe AXd?

even if both raisers don't have made hands yet you pretty much need to to push to protect yours..BUT this is a BAD baord to do it with IMO. Take sklansky's advice here and fold on the possible semi-bluff, you have too many ways to lose and may be way behind. its a tough laydown for me, Id have to have a pretty good read on the tight player to see what he would come over the top with. Your read, "but I've never seen him get caught bluff raising" says fold.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5 limpers to me in the CO I fold. But position is power in NL and players were respecting my bets, I thought that in the right situation I could take down the pot with air often enough to make the limp +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

You limped to put a probe bet out there if you wiffed with 5+ opponents and it checked to you? Table really that tight? I think thats too aggressive...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pooooooooooosh..

[/ QUOTE ]
yuck.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:40 PM

unreal. to make this play you have to have a great read on the re-raiser, that he'd re-raise semi-bluff. Hero's read is to the contrary, and with no reads myself I can't say push with any sort of confidence.

If this is LAG raise, LAG re-raise...sure, push is fine. Here is LAG raise, tight re-raise. Push is weak here, whats the point of a read if you dont use it correctly?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:04 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

If this is LAG raise, LAG re-raise...sure, push is fine. Here is LAG raise, tight re-raise. Push is weak here, whats the point of a read if you dont use it correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm too short to fold here. I almost left the Wynn when I wanted to buy in for $100 and realized the game was 1/3 when I wanted to play 1/2. I would have been happy to raise over the top of any one player but not when the tight guy raised.

So I thought for awhile and folded, but I seriously regretted it afterwards, despite the results; UTG+1 pushed over the top of the CO and the CO folded. I am certain he would not do that with a draw, not against the CO. Even with that result, I still think I should have pushed because of my stack size.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. I should have made it clear: I don't see any made hand that you beat calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

you haven't played much live. J4 will call.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. To the tight 2+2er in the 4 seat who turned 21 today, yes it was obvious you were 2+2 when you knew what the Dan Druff Stars bad beat post was about, just like I'm sure you realized I was 2+2. Happy birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Linkage please? Or is just that post last week about Dan Druff going off on how he's been running bad (at the time) since the WSOP?