Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Results?

why would results matter?

citanul
Old 08-01-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just like to read threads, see the advice, and check out what really happened.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: 25/50 AA line...

okay, so you wont play a seven hand for 200 up front ever. its just what you looked like. makes it easier to figure out your hand then. why wouldnt you considering your stack as you say. i would think your stack size screams to play something like that especially the two sevens.
with the pot after your call before the flop about half of your stack left, doesnt a raise seem fruitfull.
and since you didnt which i am not saying is wrong as it isnt unless done very often, why on earth would you bet only 700 on the turn. i am definetly missing the play here.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, so you wont play a seven hand for 200 up front ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had more money I would, most likely coming in for a raise. So when I raise here and my hand contains a 7 it's most likely 77, 76 or 87, but when I call his reraise, it's only 77 given my stack. If I had twice my stack then I would also be calling with the connectors. I can't see calling 400 more with 4k behind with 78? Seems a little too short for me, even with 77 it's close. If I had 8k then it'd be a no brainer. Do you disagree?

I agree reraising would probably be better since I probably get all in with the short stack even if the rock mucks.

[ QUOTE ]
why on earth would you bet only 700 on the turn. i am definetly missing the play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really put him on KK, and I'm trying to sell AQ/JJ, what's a better way? I was thinking this looked so weak, so he'd come over the top.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really put him on KK, and I'm trying to sell AQ/JJ, what's a better way? I was thinking this looked so weak, so he'd come over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 3700 left. There's 1800 in the pot already. Bet 1200 on the turn. Bet the rest on the river.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 PM

what's your plan if he puts you in on the turn?

citanul
Old 08-01-2005, 08:05 PM

Well because ive read the original post, just about every reply, and would like to see what happened.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just like to read threads, see the advice, and check out what really happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care about results in terms of what cards they had, but I do care about results in terms of what line hero actually chose to take.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:53 PM

I think that a rock is only re-raising AA, KK, QQ, and MAYBE AK and JJ here. Since this is his range of hands, i push preflop since you will get called a decemt amount by this range of hands, especially after they re-raise an UTg raiser. The only hand you are worried about postflop is QQ IMO. He could have JJ and not believe you, he doesnt have AK after the turn call. I like making a smallish bet on the river, like say 1200. If you do this, you are more likely yo get a call out of JJ here. You also leave yourself *a little* room to pssibly to to an all in, although i dont know if i could given this action. Also, i don't think KK is ever folding here for 1200, they might fold if you pot it.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:10 PM

I'm underqualified to assess this but I'll take a stab for fun. I'd agree AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK are the only reasonable hands for the rock if he is close to one.

AA/KK seem plenty possible although it seems he'd likely bet them on the flop. QQ could play the flop and turn slow to milk you, but JJ could play the flop the exact same way out of fear.

I'm wondering if the turn was a matched suit. Could he have picked up a flush draw with AKs?

I'm forced to ask what he might be putting you on. Assuming he doesn't have QQ, he may put you on AA/KK. He may put you on QQ, but if you were QQ, you may well have checked the turn as well? He may put you on JJ or TT. Would he think it is possible you called his reraise with something like A7s or 78s? It's hard to believe. I can see him putting you on AQ the way you describe things, or on KQs again.

If he has QQ, he's going to want to put you in on the river. If he has KK, he'll probably call a good sized bet. If he has JJ he'll probably fold to anything reasonably sized. If he played AQ (maybe because he knew tilter was tilting and wanted to isolate him?), he'll probably call something moderate. Assuming he has KK/JJ/AQ, he puts you on AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AQ/KQ, then giving these equal weight means he wins only about 4 matchups out of a possible 18, meaning he's about a 4.5:1 shot; call it 4:1 because he could split it with you in some cases. So if you're betting here, I think you're betting 900-1000. KK probably calls, AQ probably calls, and QQ moves you in. But he knows JJ is garbage if you have anything, so why would he call on the turn? He only calls there if he thinks you called preflop with some trashy lesser hand. So he probably has KK/QQ, with some chance of AQ if he wanted to isolate the tilter or decided you were way loose. If he's on QQ, again, he's putting you in; KK probably calls around 1800 getting 3:1 to see if you have AQ/KQ/JJ; it's a lot more likely to have him put you on those than it is to actually put him on them. AQ probably calls 1200, getting nearly 4:1 to look you up for JJ/KQ.

Tough spot; thanks for the hand.