Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Beginner hold\'em book

I'm sorry for asking this because I know there are posts on this but I tried the search and could not find what I was looking for. Now unto the question

My cousin is looking to begin playing limit hold'em and is looking for a good beginner book to get him started. Was there a book written by Ed Miller that is for beginners.
In other words a book he should read and understand before SSHE.
thank you
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Beginner hold\'em book

You must not have tried too hard, esp. since you know Ed wrote it. Anyhow ... Getting Started In Hold 'Em. Nothing else comes close in this category.

Pasta
Old 09-12-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Beginner hold\'em book

[ QUOTE ]
You must not have tried too hard, esp. since you know Ed wrote it. Anyhow ... Getting Started In Hold 'Em. Nothing else comes close in this category.

Pasta

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I just picked it up this past weekend and read the entire Limit section, granted, it's not that long. But previously, I had read Winning Low Limit Holdem by Lee Jones. I would have to say that I liked the format of "Getting Started in Holdem" alot better, easier to follow. Again, the key here is that GSHE is the basic beginner book.