Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: HOH 2 has more errors than HOH 1

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have to back this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't saying Hold 'me had to back it up. I'm saying, in general, why people get flamed here. If you say "2+2 sucks" and don't provide specific examples, you'll get flamed. If you say, "This example is wrong, and here's why," you generally won't get flamed... and anyone who does flame is missing the boat.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:58 PM

I would prefer that the only errata list that gets posted is from us and not from you or anyone else. The reason for this is that I have been sent errata data by readers that isn't always correct, and if that is the case with some of your corrections it would only serve to confuse other readers. We will address this soon enough.

Mason
Old 07-18-2005, 03:18 PM

Hi Mason,
Broken-record here. As I've suggested before, please have a dedicated page for errata, so that folks don't have to go searching too hard. It would be a convenience for us regulars, and I doubt most new customers would think to search forum postings for official 2+2 errata. Also, please update the errata as new errors are found, instead of waiting for the next printing.

Thanks,
Pasta
Old 07-19-2005, 04:21 AM

His mistake would lead people to misunderstand the difference between odds and probabilities.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 AM

Hi Ed,
Is there an errata for SSHE? I noticed an error or two in some of the example problems (at least I think they are) and am wondering if there are others I'm not aware of.

Are there erratas for other 2+2 books somewhere?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:39 AM

Yipes I am new to poker and just stopped by looking for some more good books to read. I did get the HoH volume one and was thinking of getting the HoH vol II. Ah but before I spend my $$ where do I get the correted data sheets? Are they here on 2+2? I assume they are free? Well glad I stopped by.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ed,
Is there an errata for SSHE? I noticed an error or two in some of the example problems (at least I think they are) and am wondering if there are others I'm not aware of.

Are there erratas for other 2+2 books somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

We fixed some problems between the 1st and 2nd printing. Please check to see which your book is (it says on the title page). If it's a 2nd printing, I'd be interested where the errors might be. I know of no errors at the moment that we didn't fix. (Not to say they don't exist.)

Unfortunately, stupid me didn't keep track of the errors I did fix. Fortunately, though, they were all very minor spelling-type fixes.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Determing the version of book your reading

I'm one of those finicky readers that get overly frustrated with small, seemingly obvious mistakes. I'll assume the error is with my understanding and get upset that I can't grok the material.

My question is, when I am at a bookstore looking at a 2+2 books (say HOH1), is there any obvious way to determine which version of the book I am reading?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Determing the version of book your reading

[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of those finicky readers that get overly frustrated with small, seemingly obvious mistakes. I'll assume the error is with my understanding and get upset that I can't grok the material.

My question is, when I am at a bookstore looking at a 2+2 books (say HOH1), is there any obvious way to determine which version of the book I am reading?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reader of Heinlein should be able to find a title page. If I take my copy, open the front cover, and look at the facing page, it says:

FIRST EDITION

FIRST PRINTING
NOVEMBER 2004
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 AM

Hi Ed,
I think it is the 2nd edition as I just bought it not to long ago. Don't have it right here with me.

The one I'm thinking of ( I think ) was the first problem on Page 29 about identifying the nuts. Goin' from memory here, but wouldn't JT give you the nut straight not 65?

If I'm recalling incorrectly or got it wrong, my apologies.

The others were just typos. Like spelling appropriate as approriare in on footnote etc.

I'm not a good player, so who knows. I may be missing some fine points.