Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 04:03 AM

Default AQs OTB vs total nut

UTG is new to the table but has reasonable stats from mining 22/15

CO is a total nutjob 90/50/2 insanely aggressive with just about anything, 3bet pf range is the same as his default open-raise

preflop cap good?
should I be capping the turn here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.70 BB
Old 12-28-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: AQs OTB vs total nut

I'm capping the turn without a second thought. The real question is how many do we go on the river. I'm thinking raise/cap, but I'd have to see him play to know for sure.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 AM

I like the preflop and flop caps here. Your equity is huge preflop with CO in there. After it's just you and the CO the cap is great. On the turn I would cap again. After doing all that capping I would consider just calling but would probably not resist raising and capping. His postflop aggression is huge since he sees the flop over 90% of the time. You are probably good.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm capping the turn without a second thought. The real question is how many do we go on the river. I'm thinking raise/cap, but I'd have to see him play to know for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

against a 90/50 guy? jam it to no end
Old 12-28-2005, 04:42 AM

I think you can put in one more raise on the turn. Genuine maniacs are a goldmine and you have to be ruthless about wringing value out of them.

I told you that I'm crazy 'bout these cupcakes, cousin.

/mc
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 AM

Preflop and flop cap are fine. I'd cap the turn. On the river I think i would just call a donk bet or bet/call a c/r, is that too weak against a LAG like this?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop and flop cap are fine. I'd cap the turn. On the river I think i would just call a donk bet or bet/call a c/r, is that too weak against a LAG like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The most important part of taking advantage of people like this, is maximizing value. In limit, on this river, the best way to do that with this (relatively) innocent looking board, is to cap your hand.

FWIW, i've never been fortunate enough to sit with someone whose stats are that out of control. gg.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:59 AM

If he's as wild as you say, I cap turn and river without hesitation and yell "SHIP IT!!!!"
Old 12-28-2005, 01:50 PM

preflop is a no brainer

post flop, this one of those spots only really you can answer because only you know how big a nut he was. Some nuts this is a cap every street hand, others you slow down where you did.

The important thing here is to not play these situations by some number (well I stop at 3 bets on the turn, etc) and make sure you to evaluate the decision purely on how your opponent plays, and not let fear or the size of the pot, or even his suckiness blind you to what the best course of action is.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is a no brainer

post flop, this one of those spots only really you can answer because only you know how big a nut he was. Some nuts this is a cap every street hand, others you slow down where you did.

The important thing here is to not play these situations by some number (well I stop at 3 bets on the turn, etc) and make sure you to evaluate the decision purely on how your opponent plays, and not let fear or the size of the pot, or even his suckiness blind you to what the best course of action is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is right on the money. Flop raise to isolate is pefect and then turn/river its read. Is this a nut that will bet/raise any pair or does he have to have 2 pair to 3 bet the turn and river? I think that I miss too many value bets against wild opponents because I think "no way anyone pushes this hand that way without 2 pair or better" only be shown middle pair weak kicker after I just called the river raise.

I'm capping the turn and raising/calling a 3 bet on the river unless I know enough about villain to know that can do this with anything.

FishNChips