Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 3/6NL: I got an Ace! Sweet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
regardless language like "way better" is just hyperbole

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of.

Axo has very little value in general, whereas suited connectors play better against almost every hand, and I'd much rather have 87s than A3o in almost every single possible scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

a generalization of the way that suited connectors play vs. Axo has no value when we have a specific all-in situation and are able to get EV calculations against a villain's calling range
Old 12-26-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are you putting the hero on and what are these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it stinks of mid pairs, and maybe some suited aces.

Id take a stand with tens or better, probably AK.

I'd have to have seen the villain limp 2nd in with QQ+ in order for me to give this play any credit I think. It just doesn't make much sense does it? Who limps there with QQ+? It just seems more likely that he limped a mediocre hand, and was inspired to get tricky when he had the chance.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:48 AM

This is one of those hands where Hero was actually some random idiot at the table and you want to make sure everyeone else agrees that his play was retarded? You probably folded something that crushed him and then he showed.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are you putting the hero on and what are these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it stinks of mid pairs, and maybe some suited aces.

Id take a stand with tens or better, probably AK.

I'd have to have seen the villain limp 2nd in with QQ+ in order for me to give this play any credit I think. It just doesn't make much sense does it? Who limps there with QQ+? It just seems more likely that he limped a mediocre hand, and was inspired to get tricky when he had the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm neutral to this line of reasoning

we have posts on here all the time where some opponent limps behind with AA-QQ and then puts in a surprise 3rd raise pre flop

poster after poster will say i just can't give him credit for a big pair here and you should push all in

invariably the opponent has the goods

i'm just really not a big fan of the idea of.. 'since you played AA/KK pre flop in a non standard way you deserve my entire stack"

[ QUOTE ]

This is one of those hands where Hero was actually some random idiot at the table and you want to make sure everyeone else agrees that his play was retarded? You probably folded something that crushed him and then he showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be right
Old 12-26-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you think you are going to get action

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if you think you get action from QQ/KK/AA

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the point. wtf would I "want action" with A3o?? This is a steal, pure and simple. The only question is, does it look like anyone has a hand they can call with? ... I didn't think so. The only one I was worried about was the short-stack, which has the least to lose.

Kirk
Old 12-26-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we have posts on here all the time where some opponent limps behind with AA-QQ and then puts in a surprise 3rd raise pre flop

poster after poster will say i just can't give him credit for a big pair here and you should push all in

invariably the opponent has the goods

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. I plan on spending a lot more time in this forum as I am drifting away from MTTs, and final exams are over- so I guess thats why I haven't seen what you are referring to.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you might be right

[/ QUOTE ]
It was my first thought as well.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you think you are going to get action

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if you think you get action from QQ/KK/AA

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the point. wtf would I "want action" with A3o?? This is a steal, pure and simple. The only question is, does it look like anyone has a hand they can call with? ... I didn't think so. The only one I was worried about was the short-stack, which has the least to lose.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm so stupid i thought you wanted people to call with A2 suited.. obviously i understand the point of the play

i have no idea what your reasoning is here -- the button has an unlimited hand at this point -- he has done nothing but take the most aggressive action available to him at every opportunity

when you get looked up you have 25% equity on your whole stack

i mean seriously.. these are the hands where right afterwards i IM my buddy to show him the latest online poker donkey hilarity
Old 12-26-2005, 04:36 AM

Default RESULTS.

No, the play was mine and I take full credit for it, though I seem to be in the minority of... 1. However, I really had a strong inclination to believe that no one was calling that mattered... except for the short stack, of course, who ran down his timer and finally called with KJs. An Ace on the turn and MHIG.

The results are obviously inconsequential in this case and I'm just posting them in case anyone is curious.

Have fun,
Kirk
Old 12-26-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it sucks, as does the limp

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think it sucks, as does the limp

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, xorbie said 7/8s is 30% vs KK. Try 23%.