Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-24-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: New England -5 ?

[ QUOTE ]
The Jets are 3-11 and the Patriot's have looked better and better of late -- why isn't this line higher? Is this a meaningless game for New England?

[/ QUOTE ]
You also have to remember this is a divisional game and its the second time they are playing. A wise man once told me when a team plays another team a second time around...Its easier to make adjustments on your defense than it is on your offense.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only way they have a chance to go to the superbowl is if somehow they avoid the colts, chargers and broncos, can we please stop this nonsense and not get swayed by 1 week, they dont have the team they used to have. Maybe next year they will be back but not this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's absolutely retarded to think that any of those 3 teams has such a big advantage against NE that the only way they can advance is to not have to play them.

This NE team is looking better and better every week. They're playing better on both sides of the ball and all their injured players are getting healthier.

Are NE fans a little too overconfident? Probably. Are NE fans reading too much into the big win against Tampa? Probably. Are the three teams you mentioned all better than NE right now? Probably.

But how can you overlook a team who has done nothing but win big game after big game for the last 4 years? NE in the Super Bowl is definitely a long shot right now, but would it really surprise you all that much if they made it back again? Not me.

(For the record, I am not a NE fan)
Old 12-26-2005, 06:40 AM

couple things here, 1 this game is now meaningful since with cincy going to kc next week theres a good chance the patriots can move up to the 3 spot

2nd im not going to go into it much anymore about whether the patriots can or cant win, its pretty pointless. Keep in mind though that this year theyd have to do what theyve never done before which is win on the road in 2 of the toughest places to play in the NFL, Denver and Indy. All of this without the same team they had when they won those super bowls. You guys have to understand how difficult that is.