Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: 25-50 NL AA hand

FF and Yeti,

both of you advocated a possible line as calling and c/r'ing on the turn. If Diablo calls there is less then a pot sized bet left on the turn. Do you still think a check is good there? I don't think you can check going planning to go for a c/r, maybe they can bet a worse hand if you check though?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:04 PM

Paluka,

One note. I dont give a sht about the flush draw. If he has that and hits on the turn, good for him, I have the Ad and will resuck.

My most standard line will be to call and then check-call allin or checkraise all-in on any turn if he underbets.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My most standard line will be to call and then check-call allin or checkraise all-in on any turn if he underbets.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, this is what i was advocating initially when you gave me sht about being willing to go broke with one pair here. this is not a hand where there are many "alternate" lines.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FF and Yeti,

both of you advocated a possible line as calling and c/r'ing on the turn. If Diablo calls there is less then a pot sized bet left on the turn. Do you still think a check is good there? I don't think you can check going planning to go for a c/r, maybe they can bet a worse hand if you check though?

[/ QUOTE ]

people sometimes bet less than pot
Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 PM

D,

haven't read the other replies but basically I don't like the preflop limp-rr with these stacks UNLESS it's something you do often enough for him to put you on air/something other than an overpair as a decent part of your range....if that "unless" is indeed the case, then you pretty much have no choice but to be committed to your hand.....how you do that - reraise now, call and lead turn, call and checkraise turn - is up to you.....main thing though is that even though deerchaser is aggressive, he's not a donk right?, well then preflop he's calling 500 with position to win 11k - I don't like laying a decent opponent those kinds of odds if they know my hand.......
Old 12-20-2005, 05:38 PM

I know this might not be the point of your original post, but how often do you limp-reraise? Unless you do this with hands other than AA/KK, it seems like a bad idea to basically reveal your have with stacks that deep, even with AA. Limp-reraising seems like a better idea when you can get at least 20% of your stack in preflop.

To answer the OP, i think you either should push on flop, or call and push turn(don't check-raise). From the read you had, I think i'd be willing to put it all-in. Although a free card probably can't hurt you, i wouldn't give him the chance to take one. Even if you push makes him fold a better hand, I can't see him putting in much more money with a hand you beat after you call the flop bet, even if he's aggressive.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:43 PM

The fact is, if you fold AA pre-flop, they can't outdraw you.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:54 PM

* Deleted * messed up math alert.

Lori
Old 12-20-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paluka,

One note. I dont give a sht about the flush draw. If he has that and hits on the turn, good for him, I have the Ad and will resuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often when you just call the flop would you expect him to check behind on the turn? If he does check behind on the turn, will you still usually get paid off on a pot-sized bet on the river?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:34 PM

la: I wasn't giving you sht, just opening up the discussion, esp. w/ respect to situations where the stacks start getting deeper.

Paluka: If I'm worried about that, something silly-looking like leading half my stack is another option to consider.

Cav: I and most others can and will limp re-raise w/ various holdings here in this spot.