Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: AK flops TPTK, get PSB into

Ahh ok thanks. I did push the turn, unfortunately villain had 88 and scooped the pot. I think in retrospect, if the K helped me and villain bets on the turn again, it has to have made him a boat or he is still semi-bluffing his big draw. This brings me to another question, what if the turn brings an A, am I still going to the felt here if I still keep getting bet into hard or can I lay it down if I do in fact turn the A.

I think this hand is a pretty good test for hand reading and I sort of second guessed myself on the turn. I put villain's range to be 88 KQ Kx JT(s). I think with Kx and JT he pulls the reigns back on the turn and the only hands he keeps betting are the ones I lose to. What are people's thoughts on this or is this too weak tight thinking? I'm just starting back up into NL cash games(been playing mostly sngs and limit recently) and before when I was good and not a pushbot donk I used to be able to make these kinds of laydowns.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 PM

I don't know about pushing the turn.

I mean, the original plan was to bet the pot on a blank turn. The K is essentiially a blank. I mean, sure it improved Hero's hand. But it's usually not like Hero had the 2nd best hand on the flop and now has the best hand on the turn, just becasue he made trips. If he has the best hand on the turn, he probably had it on the flop, too. So why change the plan?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, the original plan was to bet the pot on a blank turn. The K is essentiially a blank. I mean, sure it improved Hero's hand. But it's usually not like Hero had the 2nd best hand on the flop and now has the best hand on the turn, just becasue he made trips. If he has the best hand on the turn, he probably had it on the flop, too. So why change the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is winning thinking. too many people say to themselves, "i now have trips! whee!" when nothing has really changed in the hand. the only hand that we're now ahead of that we were behind on the flop is Q8. how likely is that?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about pushing the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking going on in my head at the time and then I just had a brain fart and somehow came to the conclusion that he had KJ and I was ahead. I'm a donkey.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:10 PM

You are going to be shown KQ or 88 here a lot. I'd be a lot richer if I could hit the fold button on the turn in this spot.