Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 08:47 PM

Default now I know how they feel (low content)

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.
shows AdA
Old 06-02-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: now I know how they feel (low content)

I woulda typed something in the chat after that hand, like "sucker". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 09:27 PM

Waaaka waaaaka
Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 PM

Why are you capping here, is MP3 a laggro fish? What range of hands do you think he 3-bets a UTG raiser with?

I think calling gives you the opportunity to check-raise or bet/3-bet a favorable flop; capping puts in more money when you're either waayyy behind or slightly ahead.

Is capping here standard?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you capping here, is MP3 a laggro fish? What range of hands do you think he 3-bets a UTG raiser with?

I think calling gives you the opportunity to check-raise or bet/3-bet a favorable flop; capping puts in more money when you're either waayyy behind or slightly ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, pry shouldn't have
Old 06-02-2005, 11:40 PM

what hands do you cap with here? JJ? AKs?AKo?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU, I think capping here is fine, especially if your opponent is a thinking player. It gives you initiative, and gives you a chance to fold a hand like JJ or QQ if he respects you and an ace falls.
-James
Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 PM

I posted some polls about this earlier, and not many people responded (surprise, surprise.) So this is just my 2 cents, based on how I play.

My UTG raising range is something like: {AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 2/3 AKs, TT, 2/3 AQs, 2/3 AJs, 2/3 KQs, AKo, 1/3 T9s-QJs}

Based on this, generally if a decent player 3-bets me, I would expect: {AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AK, maybe AQs, TT}

So assuming we're heads up, I cap AKs and AK nearly 100%, AA-QQ probably 66%, occasionally JJ, but TT and AQs very rarely.

How does this sound?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU, I think capping here is fine, especially if your opponent is a thinking player. It gives you initiative, and gives you a chance to fold a hand like JJ or QQ if he respects you and an ace falls.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx James, would an A-high flop here be an auto-fold for you in MP3's shoes against an UTG capable of capping TT?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and gives you a chance to fold a hand like JJ or QQ if he respects you and an ace falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need the cap for that.