Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 12:34 PM

Default You know you\'re addicted to poker when....

... you read the following article and the only thing that goes through your head is, "I wonder what the buy-in is at that game?..."
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------
Woman arrested in machete attack
A 67-year-old man watching a card game suffered cuts to his hands, arms and head.
By DUANE BOURNE, Times Staff Writer
Published September 21, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BROOKSVILLE - A 67-year-old man was slashed with two machetes during a fight with a 29-year-old woman, authorities said.

Ronald E. Brown was watching a card game at Sonny's Garage when he was accosted by Shannon V. Clark on Friday, a sheriff's report stated.

Both gave different accounts of what happened. Without any witnesses, authorities arrested Clark on Saturday and charged her with aggravated battery on a person 65 years of age or older, a sheriff's report said.

Under state law, the second-degree felony is reclassified as a first-degree felony regardless of whether the suspect had knowledge of the victim's age.

If convicted, Clark could be sentenced to the minimum of three years imprisonment and fined up to $10,000.

About 8 p.m. Friday, Brown and others were watching a card game at Sonny's at Wiscon and Mobley roads when Clark approached the group and pushed Brown, he told authorities.

Brown punched Clark in the mouth. She then walked into one of the mobile homes on the property, where she lives, the report said.

Clark reappeared moments later brandishing a machete in each hand and began swinging the weapons at Brown, the report said. To protect himself, Brown threw his hands up and was cut by the blades, the report said.

Brown was later taken to Brooksville Regional Hospital, where doctors used several stitches to close wounds to his hands, arms and head. The deepest cut, just above his right eyebrow, measured 5 centimeters, or about 2 inches.

According to the Sheriff's Office, another wound that severed the tendon between Brown's thumb and index finger was too serious to treat at Brooksville Regional.

It is unclear whether Brown was transferred to another hospital for his condition.

On Monday, Clark remained in the Hernando County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: You know you\'re addicted to poker when....

You may be addicted to poker when you are happier to see Cardplayer Magazine in the mailbox than Playboy!
Old 09-22-2004, 11:46 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

...you see someone on the way to work whose license plate reads "LAG", and you immediately start thinking of seat changes and what adjustments to make to your game.

(Yes, it happened to me this morning. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

-Mike
Old 09-22-2004, 07:19 PM

our chief projectionist's (film society) number plate is WSF and i keep thinking "when is he seeing the flop?"

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 09-26-2004, 08:50 PM

"I wonder how many nights a week they play?" Always happy to see Cardplayer in the mailbox. Never subscribed to Playboy.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:14 PM

It's probably wrong to revive this thread but it came to mind last night during the Red Sox/Yankees game. The announcer said that the Sox had "nine outs left" and I immediately thought . . . "flush draw."
Old 10-18-2004, 12:33 PM

You're addicted to pker when you post in this thread.

Ejnar Pik, Southern-Docks.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:56 PM

I saw someones license plate around here, it said TXSHLDM.
I almost shed a tear of joy. *L*
Old 10-18-2004, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably wrong to revive this thread but it came to mind last night during the Red Sox/Yankees game. The announcer said that the Sox had "nine outs left" and I immediately thought . . . "flush draw."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

It was funny, last week when Green Bay was getting hammered, I say Brett Favre on the sideline, and go, "wow, he looks gut-shot."
Old 10-19-2004, 12:09 AM

I'm addicted when I start talking about stuff that has absolutely no relation to poker on this poker forum..cough, baseball,cough,women,cough...