Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:36 AM

Default how big does the pot need to be for me to call this river?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

River - (5.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (5.75 BB)

I have AKJ high. That should be enough if he didn't pair up. Villain is super loose (70+% to flop)

how big does the pot need to be for me to call this river?

Also, was it a mistake to not bet 6th here? (4 to wheel with only 1 dead 3, live 4flush, lots callers)
Old 06-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: how big does the pot need to be for me to call this river?

Why do you think villain checked 5th? Was he afraid of you, the bring in? Or did he pair right there? I lean towards thinking he is paired given how this played and his 4 low cards showing, so the pot has to be REALLY big. Especially since I suspect that you would bet 4 wheel cards on 4th, and I suspect he has some inkling of that.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I suspect he has some inkling of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 1/2, and our hero say the villan is super loose (ie is probably bad, and probably doesn't pay attention to our cards let because he barely pays attention to his own)
Old 06-27-2005, 02:20 PM

Some make their low and bet to see if the others will fold so they can scoop. Looks like his pair of 3s would have held up if you had called. Seven cards probably pair(or better) more often than not.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:55 PM

you are paying 1BB for a chance to win 5.75BB. It sure looks like he has a low so you are really playing for less than 3BB. You can only win if he didnt pair or if he is completely bluffing. I would think if he doesnt have a low, he is betting a high pair that he caught on the river, or he started with a high pair in the hole. He is probably betting his high hand and hoping you bricked your low since you stopped betting, especially since your low looks better than his. My point is that intuitively I would think you need a pretty damn big pot to even think about calling here unless you have seen him stone cold bluff a number of times on the river.

A bet by you on 6th might have taken the whole pot though.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:13 PM

Gigantic.