Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Tropicana Story About Ice/Al

Has anyone here played with this guy called Ice at the Trop? His real name is Al. I played with him 2 times in the last 2 weeks and I think he may be the worst player of all time. I was at a 4/8 table with him and over the 2 times we played, he must have lost a combined $1,000. On Sat., he was involved in a hand where 4 hearts were on the board. There were 4 players in the hand and Ice was last to act. After the river card, which was a heart the first guy bets. The 2nd guy folds, and the third guy not realizing Ice was still in the hand says "I'll call you, I got the flush, but it's only a 5." At this point the dealer tells the guy who spoke that Ice still had to act. So the guy apologizes but people around the table start talking as to the fact that at least 1 guy has the flush. It wasn't anyone at the table speaking, but observers that were walking by. Anyway, during the whole thing Ice is sitting there deciding what to do. After about 3 or 4 mins., he calls. He turns over a 2 of hearts and loses to the guy that had a 5. The guy that bet had 2 pair and lost too. I've seen Ice call cards to the river with Ace high when 3 or 4 guys are betting/raising with flush/straight draws on the board. I have never seen him fold a hand before the river, no matter what. The funny thing is he will complain he had a pair and lost to someone with a full house. The pair he will be talking about is the pair on the board.