Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: New Thread For Discussion of New Mods

I think one week would probably be enough. If you wanted to stick around for two, that would be fine by me.

As for the forums, yeah, it looks like we need only fill SS and HS, unless someone claims that Dids only wants to mod BBV because he wants to flame n00bs and their 14 BB downswings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-17-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the forums, yeah, it looks like we need only fill SS and HS

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, let's figure this out so we can be done and make a final list. What are thoughts on W. Deranged? Evan said he was the best choice for SS and no one seemed to really either agree or disagree. Maybe Evan can elaborate on this pick? Anyone have feelings one way or the other?

More thoughts on HS mods? Paluka was mentioned by both Dcifr and Astro. He seems to be consistently active in that forum. Thoughts on him? Other suggestions?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:25 PM

We should send them PM's and find out if they're even interested. I would do it myself, but I'm about to step out, and I won't be back at a computer until much later tonight. Can someone else PM them?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are thoughts on W. Deranged? Evan said he was the best choice for SS and no one seemed to really either agree or disagree. Maybe Evan can elaborate on this pick?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. I spend the middle part of the day at school and that seems to be when most of you post a lot.

I think he has a few qualities that are important:
-He seems like a pretty bright guy
-He writes very well imo
-He is a pretty good player imo (which is important, whether it should be or not)
-He spends a lot of time in SS

I think most of the SS forum would agree with me on these points. IMO that makes him a good mod choice.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the best choice for high stakes would be a vocal veteran like diablo, paluka, clarkmeister, ja sucker, etc.

anybody along those lines that's active enough, interested, and balanced.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't disagree with any of these guys being made mods, but I doubt any of them will want to do it. If any of them are willing I can't imagine anyone objecting.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
james282

[/ QUOTE ]
I just talked to him and he said he's willing to do it if he's chosen. Personally I think he'd make a great mod for the same reasons I think W. Deranged would.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think the best choice for high stakes would be a vocal veteran like diablo, paluka, clarkmeister, ja sucker, etc.

anybody along those lines that's active enough, interested, and balanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be in favor of all of those people if they want the job.

In fact I would value Diablo's advice in this thread before we make these changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, we need to run things by Diablo now before making changes? I know what you're saying, but still.

While any of the above mentioned guys would be great, I'm pretty sure they've all expressed little to no interest in having that responsibility. I think the choices mentioned so far throughout the thread would all be good.

I also think multiple mods is a good thing, except in the Sporting Events forum, where I rule with an iron fist. Even Chuck and Mat aren't listed as mods in that forum! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 07:19 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

diablo is out, and clarkmeister has a full mailbox but he's probably out anyw

i seriously doubt the mod subject has been raised with ja sucker and paluka. i sent them both a pm. i also popped andyfox about it.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In fact I would value Diablo's advice in this thread before we make these changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, we need to run things by Diablo now before making changes? I know what you're saying, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, of course not, I'm just saying I would value his opinion, but it's not like we need to run it by him or anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Even Chuck and Mat aren't listed as mods in that forum! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck and Mat aren't mods of STT, either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 08:12 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

pikula is cool with his name being in the hat