Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Should I have bet the river???

Well...? I won with 3 tens but i thought he might have a str8.. was that wrong of me?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 09-21-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Should I have bet the river???

Better not to give results when you're asking the question. Calling the flop is bad. Raise or fold.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:45 AM

(1) post in micro

(2) why didn't you raise pre-flop? (hint: you should. further... you should rarely be open-limping from MP2)

(3) what about your villains' play leads you to believe they have Q9? (and do you recognize why neither one has AQ?) further... do you see how aggressive play on earlier streets would lead Q9 to likely fold, and/or how aggressive play preflop and on the flop might help you figure out where you stand in the event of a river raise?

good luck.

edited to add:

(4) don't post results... but really, read the posting guidelines here and in micros. not only will you pick some quick advice about posting, but you'll pick up some quick advice about game-play, and resources to explore if you're really interested. when your questions are this basic and your play this poor, you will be unlikely to post the right hands or ask the right questions and therefore be unlikely to get the advice/knowledge you need to improve your play.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:00 AM

Sorry bout that... I'm pretty new here. Thanks i'll check that stuff out
Old 09-21-2005, 10:23 AM

Do not raise river if you do not have reads. Bet and raise suggests straight could be out. Calling is best play.