Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 AM

Default EV And Table Image Question

I was recently playing in a live 3-6 game and came across a situation that still has me thinking about what would be the best course of action. What happened is this: I had just sat down maybe been there for five hands or so. Everyone appeared to be lose-weak to lose-mildly aggresive except for one older man sitting on the end. At this point he appeared to be tight-aggresive, he was the only one that I though would give me any trouble. Then I was given this hand:

10 handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Hero raises</font> ,UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds,
MP1 Calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO(TAG) calls, Button folds sb folds BB calls

Flop: (10 sb) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (5 players) </font>
<font color="red"> BB bets</font> , <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls, BB folds

Turn: (7.5 BB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 Players) </font>
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (7.5 BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 Players </font>
Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: 7.5 BB

My thinking on the river was that had he had a flush he would have bet it and a set would have either been 3-bet on the flop or bet on the turn, thus my Kings are good. I did not expect him to bluff at the pot on the river but checked with the intention to raise anyway.

My question is this, he is most-likely a beeter player than I am. Is it worth it to pass up +EV with a bet on the river to show him that I will make tricky plays in order to gain respect for my bets/ raises so he will stay out of my hands so that I can take from the weaker players or should I have bet so he would call and appear to be a more straight forward player?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: EV And Table Image Question

bet the turn, bet the river. end of discussion
Old 04-19-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn, bet the river. end of discussion

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-19-2005, 07:32 AM

He won't think youre tricky he'll think youre a lemon.