Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 11:53 AM

Default OIC - Tuesday - who\'s still in it?

Been a bit quiet as regards updates recently. Now that we have two over the finish line, I'm intrigued as to how everyone else is progressing.

I've now got to about $700 in 5/10 after finally escaping 3/6 again (in the right direction this time!) yesterday. After making no progress there in 3 days of patient play I went to a short-handed table and went from $296 to $505 in 35 minutes. How crazy is this game?!?

Who else is still in and whereabouts are you?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:06 PM

Default Re: OIC - Tuesday - who\'s still in it?

I'm playing 5/10 right this very second and have $826. I am wondering whether I will chicken out if I get to 1k.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:25 PM

I've been going in the wrong direction. Nothing specific I can put my finger on, just a lot of really good 2nd best hands. Last night I was beat twice by 72o by guys playing any two every hand. There were a few other 2+2ers at the table who wisely left. This was at 1/2.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:08 PM

I guess I am out....I am throwing a surprise party for my wife and Cashed out $250 if the $500 I had....What an experience...Special thanks goes out to the gaming club, inthacup and JHE for their rolls. I appreciate your efforts.
JW
Old 11-19-2003, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sherriff
I've now got to about $700 in 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice going [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Fraubump
I'm playing 5/10 right this very second and have $826. I am wondering whether I will chicken out if I get to 1k.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe Mike or jHE would advise otherwise (and please don't take this the wrong way), but we'd have to guess that you'd best take the money and run then once you hit $1k.

From where we're sitting we think you've done great (esp. over the past couple of days), and we'd rather you left the event with a warm fuzzy feeling about how you turned $50 into $1k than with regret if you have the misfortune of losing half of it at the next limit. Certainly if you're not going to be feeling confident at 10/20 then it's more than a little possible that you won't bring your A game to the table.

[ QUOTE ]

PokerNoob
Last night I was beat twice by 72o by guys playing any two every hand. There were a few other 2+2ers at the table who wisely left

[/ QUOTE ]
Noob, we would have thought that a game with "guys playing any two every hand" (esp. 72o) would be worth sticking around for --- surely you just have to tighten up a tad and wait for the $$$ to rain down your end of the table? Unless we're missing something, why did the 2+2ers leave a game like this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

josie
I guess I am out....I am throwing a surprise party for my wife and Cashed out $250 if the $500 I had....What an experience...Special thanks goes out to the gaming club, inthacup and JHE for their rolls. I appreciate your efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to know we played some small part in making your boss happy -- wish her happy birthday from us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... anyway, our pleasure -- we're glad you enjoyed it and that you managed to turn a profit. Well done.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:43 PM

I'm still playing and still in 3-6 after my 5-10 tilt ridden disaster. I was in vegas last weekend so I didn't play wed-sun which left me a bit behind.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:50 PM

Just got to $302 & starting 3/6, has taken me a while but then these limits are all new to me. IE 3/6 is gonna be scary!! Imagine If I get to 5/10!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
I have only played the 6 max tables & so far so good.
Anyway, only a few more days to go but I'll still keep trying.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:46 PM

I expect to be unable to resist taking a crack at 10/20, assuming I get there (925 right now). The sensible thing would probably be to rathole the dough, but I can't resist a challenge and I'm looking forward to the fancy clay chips I'll get if I make it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 09:39 PM

I'm probably the lowest bankroll still participating. After getting up to around $170 after a week of playing, I had an absolutely horrible second week mixed with not as much playing time. Nothing I could tell changed about my game, my hands just kept turning into second best by the river. That dumped me back into .5/1 ($41.65 at my low point).

I rallied some last night to get over $70, and hopefully the bad streak is behind me and I can start running again for the last few official days.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:19 AM

>>I'm probably the lowest bankroll still participating.

I was pretty close after my 2/4 debacle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It dropped me to $92, but I've fought back up to $155 over the last two evenings. I'm still hoping to play a little 3/6 before it's over.