Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 01:03 AM

Default OIC going well

Not perfectly well, considering I lost $100+ tonight at $2/4, but still well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It was my first time playing $2/4, and I wouldn't have done it without the OIC.

I've played at Party since last fall, and although I'm up a couple grand, it took me forever to move up to $1/2 and I've been sitting there ever since. This is partially due to not wanting to rock the boat, and partially due to the fact that I cash out steadily and have never had what I'd consider a comfortable $2/4 bankroll.

So, what do I like about $2/4? I learned more about my game tonight than I have in months. Calling down with second pair really makes a dent, and it's very attention-gathering for a micro-limit player to drag a $40 pot and realize you're still down for the session. Really makes you regret calling that pre-flop raise in the small blind the last couple of times.

So that's it. I'm getting a lot out of the OIC, and hopefully I'll be back to $2/4 before it's over.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:04 PM

Default Re: OIC going well

I try to devote a couple of hours most evenings to the OIC. I've made steady but slow progress of the two steps forward, one step back variety and am now in the 1/2 game. I'm learning a lot, and am encountering new situations that just don't occur at PP microlimits, like blind steal attempts and other heads-up play. Last night, I aggressively played a flopped boat in a family pot only to lose to the slowplayed flopped quads. I went from 23rd to 64th place. The OIC is a great experiment, and I appreciate all the folks that have made it happen.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:12 PM

It is very refreshing to see posts like this where people are using this oportunity to learn rather than just taking advantage of free money. It really goes to show about some of the quality people that are a part of 2+2.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:41 PM

Finally....

I'm out of .50/1 Onto 1/2! Wait there are no tables w/ players on them... And this Client keeps crashing...

Sam
Old 11-18-2003, 02:15 PM

I'm still in the stagnent hell that is 3/6 (4th time at this level!!) If anything I'm developing new levels of patience and determination from the OIC.

Regardless of where I end up this has been one hell of a good idea and the learning experience is second to none.

Just wish I could always find a game.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:36 PM

The other day the 10 man 1/2 table was full and there were around 3 people on the wait list. I went to an empty table and sat, another guy immediately joined, then a 3rd. We played a hand and more people sat and within just 2 or 3 hands the table was full. This was in the evening though.