Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: My management clearly puts the welfare of the group 1st, unafraid to make tough decisions, confront
false 18 46.15%
true 21 53.85%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: official Tostitos ND/THE Ohio State University

Or I watched 5+ Ohio State and ND games all year. I chose ND vs the spread. And its just my opinion. Both looked equally shaky vs MSU, and both had stellar games against USC and Texas. With four weeks preparation, I'd take Charlie Weis' gameplan in a second over Tressel's, who took 3 games to figure out Zwick shouldn't be starting over Troy Smith.

That line just seems a tad too large for me. Don't get me wrong, I think OSU should be favored, but not by 5.5.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ND sounds good to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

You people who are picking ND know very little about college football, or watch too much ESPN.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with picking the team you like? i mean, thats what sports are about right? everything doesnt have to be reduced to a math problem.

btw, I don't watch ESPN.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Or I watched 5+ Ohio State and ND games all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

As have I, which is why I think people who think ND is going to win are crazy.

I'm speaking of those who think ND is going to win the game, I could care less about the spread. That [censored] is for the sports betting forum.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 PM

Random Question:

Prior to the season, didn't Notre Dame have the #1 Strength of Schedule? I mean, they had USC, Michigan, and Tennessee all on the map, and those three were ranked #1, 3, and 4 preseason. True, Michigan and Tennessee fared poorly this year, but preseason, damn, that's a good sched.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:11 PM

Preseason they did have #1, though it obviously doesnt mean anything after the season has been played. but they were easily #1. in addition to those teams, and Purdue and Pitt were supposed also to be better then they were.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Random Question:

Prior to the season, didn't Notre Dame have the #1 Strength of Schedule? I mean, they had USC, Michigan, and Tennessee all on the map, and those three were ranked #1, 3, and 4 preseason. True, Michigan and Tennessee fared poorly this year, but preseason, damn, that's a good sched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:27 PM

'Random Question' would generally indicate that he did not intend to make point.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both looked equally shaky vs MSU, and both had stellar games against USC and Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that USC was ND's best game. I don't think many Irish fans deny this. On the other hand, I feel that the Texas game was probably the 2nd worst game OSU played this year (Michigan was the worst). So many missed opporunities and mistakes. The game could have easily been a 2 touchdown win for the Bucks, but they blew it. (On the other side, this was probably the 2nd worst game for Texas as well, with A&M being the worst).
Old 12-08-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Random Question' would generally indicate that he did not intend to make point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure he was trying to go somewhere with it. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't addressing you.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both looked equally shaky vs MSU, and both had stellar games against USC and Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that USC was ND's best game. I don't think many Irish fans deny this. On the other hand, I feel that the Texas game was probably the 2nd worst game OSU played this year (Michigan was the worst). So many missed opporunities and mistakes. The game could have easily been a 2 touchdown win for the Bucks, but they blew it. (On the other side, this was probably the 2nd worst game for Texas as well, with A&M being the worst).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Hamby is a blowhard.