Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Random Questions (SH PLO 200 and up)

I've been playing a little PLO recently and having some fun.

Where are you playing short $200plo and up? The $200 games at Party seem soft and good but there is nothing short running until $2k normally.

How are the Stars games? UBs games seem ok sometimes as well.

And, inevitably, what is a longterm WR goal? It seems like it should be significantly higher than HoldEm.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Random Questions (SH PLO 200 and up)

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing a little PLO recently and having some fun.

Where are you playing short $200plo and up? The $200 games at Party seem soft and good but there is nothing short running until $2k normally.

How are the Stars games? UBs games seem ok sometimes as well.

And, inevitably, what is a longterm WR goal? It seems like it should be significantly higher than HoldEm.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

The $200PL games at Party are great (when I'm not playing drunk). The $400PL games run quite alot and generally have fewer weak spots on the table than the $200. I have seen $1000 short run but never played (maybe BluffTHIS! has and may respond).

The stars games normally run full ring. Beset and TheRempel would be able to tell you how well they play.

I see games running on Ladbrokes a bit but you cannot play their if you are from the US. Nothing really runs on Prima.

Occassionally I see the a high game on Crypto or Apax shorthanded. I haven't looked at UB in 6 months.

Generally it's quite a small world and difficult to move up due to the jump in bankroll requirements between the levels ($400 to $1000/$2000)
Old 12-06-2005, 10:21 AM

Pokerroom has some good short games from time to time at the 200 level. The short handed NLO games are really juicy too.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Party has the only 6 max PLO games that I know of. There are generally at least a few tables of $200 and $400 PLO going at any given time. Stars does not offer shorthanded tables. Everything is full ring. Others may feel different, but the UB games are VERY VERY GOOD.

As for WR, I think a decent player can pull 12-15PTBB/100 at most $200 and $400 games. I could be totally out to lunch here though.