Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: putting the \"rock\" back in \"indie rock\"

i actually like this kind of idea. sadly, i am halfway through the list and i think it is all pretty much crap. especially this rat song. i have a very good memory and i remember in the past in all the indie rock threads someone would mention this song and then a ton of people would chime in saying it was fantastic. wow, i think my band has recorded better material and we suck!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:42 AM

Hey, Daryn, I'm gonna post my own version of putting the rock back into indie rock, maybe you'll be able to get behind my version. On that note, though, since you seem the hardest to please around here - What are some of your favorite bands/songs? I've already got what songs I'm going to post chosen, but for the life of me, everything that gets posted up here seems to get shot down by you.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:46 AM

pearl jam
audioslave
nine inch nails

any good rock music

i'm just giving this stuff a serious listen and it just sounds like all noise, no better than i could hear going to see some no name live band for $5 who are trying to make it big

i think part of the reason i shoot this stuff down is because i honestly can't believe that people say things like, WOW THEY R THE BEST OMG! THAT IS MY FAV SONG OF ALL TYME! and i am like.. wow what a bad song
Old 12-06-2005, 06:52 AM

The Hold Steady -Barfruit Blues

Sons & Daughters - Johnny Cash

Hot Snakes - Suicide Invoice

Let me know if you like any of these songs. Even if you don't, tell me which you one who disliked least or something.

EDIT: In regards to your edit, I agree that some of these guys put the fanaticism in fan, but sometimes a song is worth getting behind. In regards to your dislike of The Rat, it's a fantastic pop song, but it's not the best song EVAR!! or anything.

All that said, I don't know how many Built to Spill songs you've heard, but if you've heard more than 5 and you can't get behind them, I'd be surprised.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Let me know if you like any of these songs. Even if you don't, tell me which you one who disliked least or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i will download these and listen tomorrow
Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i will download these and listen tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i am listening to these now,..

listened to this hot snakes - suicide invoice first, it's not bad, just seems like there is no decent hook.

next up is this hold steady, barfruit blues.. i am close to hating it. the guy is just talking annoyingly, not singing really. this will probably be my most hated

lastly johnny cash, sounds dece to start, i like the travelling beat. i don't much like this guy's voice. i guess it just feels like there is no emotion in it. i just hit the chorus and it's annoying.

yeah barfruit was prob the worst of them.

i am really trying to be open! i know it just appears that i am hating everything, but i'm being honest