Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: 400bb overbet (complete LC brag)

twp,

[ QUOTE ]
anything else is most likely folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is way, way off. i honestly don't know what else to tell you besides for me, hands become very table and opponent specific. if i have been trading pots back and forth with a player for over 5 hours there are going to be some potentially big changes from ABC play. i can explain that i have routinely been stealing his blinds and that he has routinely been reraising from the blinds and going through these same motions with KTo and Ax, but thats why I put LC on the post.

Anywho, I appreciate your feedback and I enjoy theorizing if the money could have gotten in better. If I feared that slowplaying was really effecting my long term results then I would look into it.

Be Healthy,
Funk
Old 11-30-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would JACK THE FLOP UP BIGTIME. 80 to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a $55 raise in a $92 pot. You guys need to really think more about your raise sizes. I would make it $125 to go and then push the turn or $100 to go on flop, pot turn, push river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea. Youre right. Thats better.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:49 PM

I definitely know what you are talking about with the dynamic between the two players making a big difference. But your comments in this thread and your line just don't seem consistent of a solid game plan.

On the flop you raise small, I guess to show weakness so that you will get loose calls from underpairs or whatever. But then you're afraid to raise the turn because he might have the flush. If this is going to be your feeling on the turn, then you need to raise the flop bigger before the flush can come and kill your action.

This hand just doesn't add up for me. If I were in a disbelieving relationship with someone, that would make me want to raise BIGGER on the flop to make it look like I'm bluffing and so that I can raise big with my crap hands and try to actually get him to lay something down rather than raising small with my monsters so that I have to raise small with my bluffs which will never get him to lay down.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-betting PF is definitely a consideration. Would have sucked considering results, but yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]
with regular stacks i 3-bet next to never. i don't think it accomplishes anything in these games.

w/ deepstacks against a loosey-weirdo who thinks i am pushing him around i can't see 3-betting being good because i have to call this players push.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is an LC post and okay, nice. But from the few recent hands you've posted, I think you play all of your hands too slow. This was definitely played too slow. You should not have to make such a big raise on the river. And you would have kicked yourself really hard if another heart fell on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling that bet is pretty standard. Raising is suicidal.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i raise and face a push on the turn i have to gouge out my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you're perfectly willing to stick it all in on the river when you don't improve...
Old 11-30-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising is suicidal.

[/ QUOTE ]
No it isn't. Not against this guy. But calling is fine. But then raising small on the flop is not.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:08 PM

We have no read, how can you say not against this guy. I make it 100 to go on flop, call that turn bet. Whoops, while im typing I realised he reraised us preflop and if he isnt a donk, he wouldnt do that with AQ suited so he cant have a flush (unless he thought we were on a steal). So I retract previous statement and agree with TWP becuase we are up against abc here. Raise turn.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i raise and face a push on the turn i have to gouge out my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you're perfectly willing to stick it all in on the river when you don't improve...

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying hypothetically i would? i don't get your post.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have no read, how can you say not against this guy. I make it 100 to go on flop, call that turn bet. Whoops, while im typing I realised he reraised us preflop and if he isnt a donk, he wouldnt do that with AQ suited so he cant have a flush (unless he thought we were on a steal). So I retract previous statement and agree with TWP becuase we are up against abc here. Raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has showndown reraises PF with KTo, etc