Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: How often are you late for work?

If i disapeared, or was abducted or something, it would probably take several weeks before anyone at my job noticed.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If i disapeared, or was abducted or something, it would probably take several weeks before anyone at my job noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try just not turning up. It worked for me!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about 15 minutes late from time to time. It's funny how you get comments when you're late but no one notices or says anything when you're early.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the complete oppositte. If i stay late you'd think the whole world wanted to know.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, I'd say I'm late to work 95% of the time. We'll just say I'm not really a morning person.

(Of times I'm late)
1-15 minutes: ~ 45%
16-30 minutes: ~45%
30+ minutes: ~10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! this is me and I am a manager.

Rofl nothing is ever said. I cant figure out why?

All my manger said to me durning my yearly review was you know you were late 123 times this year.

I said yes I know, How many do you have?

That was pretty much it.

Our physical year runs from September to September I am about 23 lates deep already [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 04:13 PM

I'm supposed to be in at 8:30, and usually show up in the 8:30 - 8:45 range. Occassionally, something will happen to make me considerably late. I often work late too, and RARElY leave early. My boss is usually 15 minutes late, so it's never been too big of a deal. I only have one co-worker who complains about people being late, and I really don't understand why. She has to have her kids at school before 8:00, so she's on time by default, whereas the rest of us just have to be at work for our first thing of the morning. She makes a big deal about how she's always the first one there, and tells me I should be getting in when she does. She, however, isn't my boss, and I don't see why she cares. Since it seems to be quasi-acceptable to be a little late, she could be taking advantage of that too.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:20 PM

If it's a normal day, most of us trickle in between 8am and 8:15am. One comes in around 8:30am. I rarely arrive later than 8:15, but work is right next to my house. If we're having an 8am meeting though, we're all at least five minutes early.

ScottieK
Old 11-28-2005, 04:20 PM

When I worked, I was more than 1 minute late 98% of the time.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:22 PM

I think I'm late every day, probably by about 30 minutes or so. I don't really know, because I was never told what time I am supposed to start my work day. Some people come in at 9, some come in at 10, so I usually just middle it and get in around 9:30.

To concur with other posters, it really doesn't matter what time I wake up. I'm up at 7:30 every day with my wife and live three subway stops away from work, but I never get in before 9:30. If I'm ready early I end up booking a couple hundred hands between 8:30 and 9:15 or read a chapter in a book or make oatmeal instead of regular breakfast cereal.

Oddly, I end up saying at work way later than most. I just always have a ton of [censored] to do. And because I post on 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Or maybe I just hate switching locations?

-Diplomat
Old 11-28-2005, 04:35 PM

Good, I am not alone. I am late everyday. I'm "suppose" to be here at 9 but usually get here 9:15-9:23. I do office work, my immediate supervisor doesn't come in until 11ish. I am not a morning person. I stay up really late, but even if I went to bed early I wouldn't want to wake up in the morning. I usually leave on time to go home.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:41 PM

My job is live limit poker , so, I'm never late for work. However , I am sometimes late getting home, espcially if I 'm stuck for the night ( something i am working on, staying when stuck I mean).