Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Default PLO in vegas

(i think i'll get more/better respones here then in B&M)
i plan on going to vegas in a few months, i was wondering where there are regular PLO games and what the are blinds & buyins
Old 11-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: PLO in vegas

There were a few posts here about 1-2 or 2-5 PLO that ran at the Wynn on Sundays. Pretty sure you won't find it anywhere else unless there is something special running because of a tournament.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:57 AM

I posted this quetion in October and here is what I was told:
As for Omaha...here are your choices:
O8 - 4/8 games at Orleans, Palace Station, 20/40 or 40/80 at Bellagio. 6/12 at Wynn once in awhile.
O High - 4/8 at Boulder Station, GVR (once in awhile) and Sunset Station. 5/10 full kill at Mirage

Do post when you are back and let us know what you find.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:31 AM

I was in Vegas this past weekend with some buddies who are big PLO fans. We asked at the Wynn if they would start a game if we had four players to try and generate some interest. They got us a table and a dealer immediately and we started playing four handed 5/10 blinds. This was on Saturday at about 6pm. We eneded up getting three other players to join and played 7 handed for a couple of hours or so. Several nice sized pots and we were trying to whoop it up to generate some interest. Unfortunately, not enough interest to keep the game going for longer than a couple of hours.

I have to applaud the efforts of the floor to do everything they could to help us get a game going. They didn't even charge us rake for the first hour or so even when we were 7 handed. I doubt the Bellagio would have been so cooperative, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:15 PM

Im sorry I missed your 5/10 game.

The Wynn is the best place to find PLO in Vegas. They are willing to spread the game whenever there are people to play. They are really good abot that, they will spread whatever people want. I have been out of town or too bussy to play the last couple of weekends but it was running good for a while. We had a 2/5 or 1/2 game almost every day for a week.

I am willing to play short and will play whenever I can if a game gets going. The game is most often a 2/5 blind game but 1/2 is also sometimes spread. I have seen the game start out at 1/2 and get bumped up to a 2/5/10 or 5/10 blind game by the end of the night. The Wynn dosen't have a max buyin on any of there games. I think the min for 2/5 is $200 but I haven't seen too many people sit down with less than $500.