Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Trainwreck

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with the cap/lead guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are we worried about a free card? Hero has folded to turn bets in the past and there is no reason to think Boutros won't try and take advantage of this by betting his draws on the turn in this hand as well.

Krishan
Old 11-19-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with the cap/lead guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are we worried about a free card? Hero has folded to turn bets in the past and there is no reason to think Boutros won't try and take advantage of this by betting his draws on the turn in this hand as well.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I am with the cap/lead group because I think it maximizes value. I'm not worried about free cards.

Surf
Old 11-19-2005, 05:25 PM

I don't understand why someone would call with the same hand range in the BB getting 5:1 as 7:2 Everything I have read says that's not right but you say this guy is one of the best SH players online. Whatever.. it's not about the pf.

Given he was getting 5:1 he could easily have 45 for the oesd or any 2 clubs for the flush draw. That calls for a cap.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's a good plan the rest of the way? Also FWIW I really think he expects I have a hand like 76.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is what you think he thinks you've got, isn't a turn c/r for value the play here? Unless you have him on a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he is trying to buy some outs, then I'd say 4 bet the flop and keep the gas on.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is what you think he thinks you've got, isn't a turn c/r for value the play here? Unless you have him on a hand like A x and he is trying to buy some outs, then I'd say 4 bet the flop and keep the gas on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero could have the flush draw. Wiping out the button could buy a lot more than outs for the nut flush draw or a small pair. That's why I'm not going to spend too much time worrying what BB has for his checkraise. It could be a lot of things both good and bad for us.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:20 PM

If you think you look "runoverable, why not bet out on the flop?"
Old 11-19-2005, 06:35 PM

i dont like capping and leading. my main problem is that we're playing against an extremely good opponent with a pretty marginal hand. what is our capping range here? if schneids got tricky with AA-KK or had a set, would he 4 bet it here? i doubt it. if schneids was bluffing, he'd probably want to put a move in on a later street. so if boutros is a good hand reader, i think he'll be able to put schenids on a really narrow range of hands if we 4bet and lead, and he'll play his hand "perfectly"

stealthcow-
Old 11-19-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why someone would call with the same hand range in the BB getting 5:1 as 7:2

[/ QUOTE ]

I also would think that he would call with at least a FEW more hands at 5:1.
Is his range of hands that he would call with REALLY going to be about the same? That strikes me as pretty odd.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being OOP sucks here.

[/ QUOTE ]

to that end...I'm assuming the donk-who-has-likely-improved guy on the button must make it pretty gosh-darned worthwhile to sit at a table where one fo the best short-handed players in the universe is usually going to have position on you.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being OOP sucks here.

[/ QUOTE ]

to that end...I'm assuming the donk-who-has-likely-improved guy on the button must make it pretty gosh-darned worthwhile to sit at a table where one fo the best short-handed players in the universe is usually going to have position on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has position on us when we are in the SB. We have position in the BB and the button - our relative position to him is the best it could be.

Surf