Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: HU Hand

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, if BobboFitos had a set, two pair, or an overpair with an Ah, then he probably would have been willing to get it all in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'd get in with a set, I'm not raising out of the blinds with 55 or 22 (PROBABLY) but I may. 88 I would get it in. AhX I am not comfortable putting 500 bbs in for 10, though. If it's all in on the flop I have the nuts or top set and duck loses...

[ QUOTE ]

Fslexcduck should have tried to get it all in there, or at least a lot more than simply calling a continuation bet with a J-high flush on a monotone flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly there, she should've raised the flop.

Because she didn't, I didn't put her on a flopped flush though. Some deception, I guess, but the cost of not getting the money into the pot isn't worth it
Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 PM

is his range for calling a 3bet on the turn really only hands that beat us and 8s? i would think HU his range to call there would be something like bigger flushes, boats, smaller flushes, any 8, A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]+pair, JJ-AA with 1 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. if his range is really this small then i dont see how we can vb the river... im not advocating pushing the turn here at all. im saying make it like 2.5 on the turn, and i guess with these deep stacks fold to a push on the turn or river. i dont think u get any value out of any hand besides the one i assigned to his range by smooth calling the turn and calling or vb'ing the river...
Old 10-27-2005, 04:57 PM

She should 3-bet the turn. You're not check/raising any hand that beats her.

Edit: And post the KK9 flop hand with Big Jim.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:00 PM

Results? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] wasn't any good...

but I later stacked her when she was drawing dead, so you could say I won the intense 1cent/2cent session.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] wasn't any good...

but I later stacked her when she was drawing dead, so you could say I won the intense 1cent/2cent session.

[/ QUOTE ]

more like i stacked myself, but nh lol. moral, kids, don't do drugs.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I love how you don't even argue with my 'Bobbo doesn't cr any hand that beats her on the turn' comment. You are so predictible.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
moral, kids, don't do drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic. Nice hand, nessa.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I love how you don't even argue with my 'Bobbo doesn't cr any hand that beats her on the turn' comment. You are so predictible.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. why cant i have a stronger hand?

2. why dont you like the line i chose?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. why cant i have a stronger hand?

2. why dont you like the line i chose?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like you want to blow her out. I put you very solidly here on a semi-bluff. You think she may be bluffing in which case you have the best hand - no harm done. And if she's not bluffing, you figure you have outs - probably hearts, probably 8s, and definitely Ts. You took this same line when you ran into Big Jim's set of 6s. This turn check/raise on a scary but draw heavy board just REEKS of bluffyness. If you really had a monster you would have bet to build the pot. And if you had a strong but vulnerable hand you would have bet to protect. This is like "I want a free card. Oh, you don't give it? Ok, maybe you can't take heat."