Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:20 PM

Default HU Hand

Comments for this hand? We decided to post it from her perspective.

Basically; I had doubled up (we both were playing with 5 each) and she used rebuy trick to cover me. I had won a few pots in a row with raising pf and betting the flop.

Also, is this a clear river bet for duck?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">BB (BobboFitos)/ ($10.09)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Fslexcduck ($9.46)</font>

Preflop: Fslexcduck is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Fslexcduck calls $0.01, <font color="#CC3333">BB (BobboFitos)/ raises to $0.06</font>, Fslexcduck calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.12) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BobboFitos bets $0.08</font>, Fslexcduck calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.28) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BobboFitos checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fslexcduck bets $0.24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BobboFitos raises to $0.77</font>, Fslexcduck calls $0.53.

River: ($1.82) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BobboFitos checks, Fslexcduck checks.

Final Pot: $1.82
Old 10-27-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: HU Hand

and before the "raise the flop" comments come i want to add i normally do there but i was switching it up because if non heart rag came he would never give me credit for flush not raising the flop.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 PM

Not to skew any analysis, (if anyone finds this interesting to post anything!) but my read on her:
pf - she loves attacking my blind, so she's probably weak. She doesnt fold too much, so limp/calling is probably not good hand but I guess not complete trash.
flop - she could be callign to take away, have a pair, a big heart, a straight draw, or a combo draw.

i expect her to raise a flush, possibly two pair or set, but she'd raise 88/55 and not play 82 so those are low %. she never has an overpair here.

turn - this was a good and bad card for me. (still not saying what I had) a c/r best protects my hand + gets value out of things she called to take away. when she calls i know she's pretty strong.

river - either very good for me or very bad, i was going to check and evaluate, probably call a bet, but not feel good about it.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM

Honestly I can't imagine not raising the flop or 3-betting the turn. 500BB stacks? You gotta get them in somehow.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:49 PM

I'll take a stab. I think Bobbo does not have a heart, maybe A8, K8 or A5, K5. I think the turn raise was to show strength, which makes me lean toward him having an 8. I don't think he has a boat because a heart is the best card for him to lead the river. I probably bet something like $0.75-$1 and hope to see a fold or push which I probably call.

I suck at HU so please educate me here.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:02 PM

this may be way off, but i like to 3 bet this turn and take the free showdown. i think it gets us max value out of an 8 or a big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]+pair hand. i also am pretty comfortable putting my stack in on the turn but would hate to see a river like the one that came or any other board pairing card.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM

you're comfortable putting 500 bb's in on this turn? what have you been smoking?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're comfortable putting 500 bb's in on this turn? what have you been smoking?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i missed the 500bb thing... i still prefer to get chips in on the turn then the river.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:20 PM

oh i was thinking if you're bobbo you' re comfortable with that but now i remember you don't know what he had... but still i think if i 3 bet the turn he folds all non 8 weakeer hands. i'm not looking for free showdown, i'm looking to win a big one but i can assure you if it goes in on the turn with my 3 bet i might not like the results.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM

Preflop looks ok to me.

I don't like slow playing the flop for Fslexcduck. She should raise significantly to make Ah or Kh pay a premium to catch another heart. Once the board pairs, however, I would slow down and check behind on the river like she did. 89s is certainly plausible for BobboFitos, as is 99 and the Ah or Kh.

Honestly, if BobboFitos had a set, two pair, or an overpair with an Ah, then he probably would have been willing to get it all in on the flop. Fslexcduck should have tried to get it all in there, or at least a lot more than simply calling a continuation bet with a J-high flush on a monotone flop.