Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: WWYD of you were running empire?

[ QUOTE ]
If you were able to make the decisions as to what Empire does what policy changes and decisions would you do to insure survival, growth and maximum profitability?

Some areas to cover
business model
marketing - who and how
player relations-keeping the ones you have and getting them to play and deposit as much as possible
software changes
and areas you compete in and areas you simply follow the industry standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marketing. The only advantage Party has is the quantity of fish. Empire must use the cash it got from going public to gain market share.

The existing fish die fairly quickly and there's no reason why the new fish shouldn't go to Empire instead of Party. Add good clear incentives for high volume players, we're the ones who provide stability.

chez
Old 10-15-2005, 02:32 AM

Spread mixed games.

Add more high limit games (and not just holdem).

Have 6-max tables available at all limits.

Spread no limit games with either no cap or a much larger cap (~500bb).

Lots of commercials and perhaps sponsor a televised tournament or two.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the skins should all merge into one site.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can call it VoltronPoker.com !!!
Old 10-15-2005, 04:07 AM

Combining limits is a good idea especially now that the skin network doesn't have enough people to fill all the limits they have spread.

However, I see two ways for poker rooms to grow now. Marketing, seeing as what it has done for Full Tilt or bonuses like Absolute. Both those sites have been growing for the past year at what I would imagine would be well above the industry average.

I'm not sure how successful Empire would be if it tried to use marketing to bring in new players because their marketing sucks. The players that generate the vast majority of Empire's profits likely came from Party after they heard about rakeback. Empire was in the bonus business model until Party cut the skins off because they weren't bringing in any new players and just leeching money off of Party.

The gravy train has left Empire. They will never again have profit margins as high as they did when they were a part of Party. If they lower the margins and have lots of bonuses/other promotions like Absolute they should be able to sustain/grow their player base.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:52 AM

they definitely need to purchase sites like paradise and absolute and such. these poker sites who have big names but struggle to compete with party should be merging so that their player pool is less dispersed and more condensed. you have sites hiring props to keep their games alive when a more successful approach would just be to merge all games onto one server and have each site keep their own rake from the players on their sites.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:01 AM

this is sound.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they definitely need to purchase sites like paradise and absolute and such. these poker sites who have big names but struggle to compete with party should be merging so that their player pool is less dispersed and more condensed. you have sites hiring props to keep their games alive when a more successful approach would just be to merge all games onto one server and have each site keep their own rake from the players on their sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like he said very sound. And regarding Noble, I have never downloaded the client, but I've read a lot of negative comments about it. If I owned empire or another skin, I would be looking to move quickly to prima or crypto, probably crypto since they seem to have a larger base especially in europe. How in the world could any skin now trust party long term to allow them access to their platform? All contracts end some time but don't necessarily get renewed.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were able to make the decisions as to what Empire does what policy changes and decisions would you do to insure survival, growth and maximum profitability?

Some areas to cover
business model
marketing - who and how
player relations-keeping the ones you have and getting them to play and deposit as much as possible
software changes
and areas you compete in and areas you simply follow the industry standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could do this, I'd surely get involved with a site in some form or fashion rather than spewing my valuable thoughts across the net.

On the other hand, there are a number of things I would like to see happen that would benefit me personally as a player. These things have only a partial correlation with what is actually best from a business sense.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how successful Empire would be if it tried to use marketing to bring in new players because their marketing sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So sack the head of marketing and hire someone decent.

chez
Old 10-17-2005, 01:05 AM

1. I'd tell my lawyers to figure out how soon I can leave the Party network. Nothing good can come from buying all your services from the enemy.

2. Empire has a substantial customer base and a strong affiliate network. Empire needs a quality software platform, a cashier system to call its own, and a tech/ops organization. There are a number of small or medium-sized sites that have the opposite strengths and weaknesses--a technically good product with not enough traffic. Empire need to combine with one of these sites and move its customer base. This combination could be either a merger or a business partnership.