Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 12:24 PM

Default $5/10 stud high hand

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.85 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (7.85 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (9.85 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (9.85 BB)
Old 05-21-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: $5/10 stud high hand

Is that hand playable on third? Being second to act with a flush draw, one heart gone, and one low card? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

EDIT: Note that I am an idiot. I left the original post as is for people's viewing pleasure.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:07 PM

Lol – yeah, 7 Card Stud High , Shootah.

I don’t like the bet on 5th. With three Queens gone, he’s not folding Jacks here. Heck, he’s not folding Jacks anyway.
In fact, I’d check-fold on 5th – is that wrong?
Once you bet and he raised, though, you’ve made the pot big enough to chase, I guess [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 01:43 PM

I don't mind the bet on 4th (were you trying to represent Qs or Qs up?).

I would have checked 5th, though, or folded to the checkraise.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:44 PM

It may be kind of ballsy, but I like the bet on fifth. I don't know if Andy is trying to represent trip sevens or what, but he did get the Jacks (Seat 7) to fold. Do you have Seat 2 on Jacks?

I can't figure out Seat 2's hand. I don't know if he smells a rat and is trying to push Andy off of his hand or what.

Anxiously awaiting the results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the bet on 4th (were you trying to represent Qs or Qs up?).

I would have checked 5th, though, or folded to the checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how he could be representing Queens/Queens up when he didn't raise third.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how he could be representing Queens/Queens up when he didn't raise third.

[/ QUOTE ]

And with two Queens out elsewhere. I can't see the other guy folding Jacks, either. He had nothing.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And with two Queens out elsewhere. I can't see the other guy folding Jacks, either. He had nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put Seat 2 on?
Old 05-21-2005, 02:06 PM

I'd check-fold fifth street myself, Andy. Your going to have a hard time convincing anyone you even have queens seeing how you didnt complete on third. I would say you can expect to be behind here on fifth more than 95% of the time, perhaps far behind (as the check-raise indicates). I would be begging for a free card here. You have a queen and an eight out, plus two opponents showing pretty boards. I doubt anyone is being scared off here on fifth. But hell, you're a God and I'm just a man, so take my two cents with a grain of salt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 05-21-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put Seat 2 on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell, but it’s not that important either. He might only have 8s in the hole, but that still beats 7s [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]