Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: What percentage of your total sessions are winning sessions?
>= 60% 3 10.34%
55-59% 4 13.79%
50-54% 12 41.38%
45-49% 8 27.59%
40-44% 1 3.45%
35-39% 1 3.45%
< 35% 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: WEAPONS.

Some countries specifically legislate against Yawara sticks and Kubotans. In many cases the flashlight is a better option since you can claim a legal use for the thing. A lanyard with a mini maglight on the end makes one hell of an impact weapon.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:46 AM

When I lived in South Africa I carried a licenced firearm (9mm CZ-75) and a Spyderco Civilian. Kept a 12 gauge at home.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:47 AM

Used to carry a butterfly knife, but somehow lost it. I used to end up taking the later buses from my brothers to my home in downtown Seattle. Not really insanely dangerous, but tons of bums, and you never know when a bum will lash out. Looking to get some mace for my mother.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:43 AM

Wish I had bought a butterfly knife when they were still legal. Now they no longer are, here in California, and they're very cool weapons. It would be a fun challenge just to learn how to use one well. I got a practice one, but it's so cheaply made it's worthless to practice with.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:43 AM

I've got a CZ-75 too. Inaccurate as hell, but otherwise an excellent gun. I need to drop the bucks into getting it accurized one of these days.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a CZ-75 too. Inaccurate as hell, but otherwise an excellent gun. I need to drop the bucks into getting it accurized one of these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

They sent all the inaccurate ones to the USA [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I was involved in the industry for a while so I got to pick mine.
It was pretty accurate out the box. I tightened up the rails and changed the barrel, after that she was dead accurate. As accurate as my custom 1911 used to be. Actually shot standard gun competition with the CZ for a while, worked pretty well.

Some of the very early ones sucked because the factory used slave labour.
What year is your CZ Blarg? The year is stamped next to the extractor on the slide.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:50 AM

Gee, I forget. I'll go check it out later. I bought it in the early to mid-90's.

I got mine after not having shot for a few years, and missed so badly on my first range visit with it that I was wondering if there was something wrong with me, not the gun. Then a guy I knew who was with my friends and me , who was a pistol marksmanship instructor for the Rangers, shot one shot with it, another slow, careful one, and then like lightning blew through my clip carving a perfect smile in the target's head from bullet holes. Damn, he showed me up me good!

Then I borrowed a friend's accurized .45 and immediately nailed a few almost perfectly flawless head shots on another target -- I actually took the target home, I was so proud -- and immediately felt far less like a totally sucky sucker of absolute suckness.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then a guy I knew who was with my friends and me , who was a pistol marksmanship instructor for the Rangers, shot one shot with it, another slow, careful one, and then like lightning blew through my clip carving a perfect smile in the target's head from bullet holes. Damn, he showed me up me good!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The smiley face in the target is an old instructor trick. I've been teaching since the mid 80's. Pistol, rifle, shotgun and SMG primarily. First for the military and police and later for private indiviuals and security companies till around 2000.

My CZ had over 20K rounds through it and still shot great. If you get the chance to change the sites go for it. I never did like the standard factory sites on those. Decent adjustable sites make a huge difference on a CZ.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:49 AM

note to self: don't fcuk with americans

in person anyway