Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-31-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand with AK

First of all, I think this book will remove all of your doubt about whether you should be 3-betting a hand like AK in the BB, but preflop standards are only a preliminary thought in this book.

It is post-flop play where Ed Miller will make you money. For one, you would have auto-capped an A87 rainbow flop with your eyes closed in the situation we discussed. Aggression is very important, and Ed's books will open your eyes to situations where raising is best that you never would have thought of.

The book also stresses the idea that folding in big pots is generally wrong, and that does not even assume you have TPTK, as you did in the hand above.

In the end, I am oversimplifying all of it. All I can say is that I've read the book twice and I'm now in the process of reviewing sections that focus on situations that I feel I struggle with (Playing with Overcards (AK) After the Flop, for example).

This book is worth it's weight in gold, and it would have paid for itself when you won the pot that you folded out of with AK.