Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 06-10-2004, 03:18 AM

Default Bounties a good way to spice up tournament poker?

If I'm not mistaken, it seems the Shooting Stars tourney at Bay 101 which was featured on the WPT tonight had bounties placed on several Professional Name players.

I got to thinking that this might be a good way to spice up tournament poker. The 'pros' (actually, it should be offered to all players, now that I think about it more) could choose whether they wanted a bounty to be put on their stack. I'd think this would assure them more action, and would give the 'no-name' players a bonus as well. I mean, you win cold hard cash if you take out a bounty player. most of the players are usually dead money, and this would be a nice way for them to not lose their entire buy in and keep them playing more tournaments. seems like it could draw a bigger prize pool, as well.

any thoughts on this?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Bounties a good way to spice up tournament poker?

[ QUOTE ]

any thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see paying extra with no +EV other than I called with junk when stealing a lot more.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Bounties a good way to spice up tournament poker?

what do you mean paying extra?

I'm talking tourney operators paying out of the prize pool to the players who take out the bounty players. this would make everyone eligible to take them out, even other players with bounties.

and it not only gets more action for the bounty players, but it might attract more people to the tournament in the first place. which makes the prize pool bigger. and the bounty would obviously not be bigger than the buy-in.