Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-15-2005, 01:46 AM

Default timebank

Does anyone have a program/script that will automatically press the timebank button for you when it starts running and you have yet to act? This seems v important for multitabling and I figure someone would know how to do it?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: timebank

PM sent.

also I know a CS student at school who could likely figure this out for some money.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:05 AM

So really no one has invented this yet? Seems so obvious and useful! Extra 30 seconds basically on every hand!
Old 12-15-2005, 02:57 AM

This would take me a lot of work. OrcaDK and probably Tigerite could do this easier than I can. OrcaDK told someone that he is intentionally not implementing this feature into MTH because it would piss party off too much, and is too much like a bot.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This would take me a lot of work. OrcaDK and probably Tigerite could do this easier than I can. OrcaDK told someone that he is intentionally not implementing this feature into MTH because it would piss party off too much, and is too much like a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see....has anyone considered asking partypoker whether its ok to have a program that will do this for you? Would make things so easier, and would it be at all detectable? Why would it piss off party so much?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 AM

No one has asked party this as far as I know. Perhaps a VIP player like yourself might have a bit more influence than me. I think that a stalling player makes it less fun for other players. People found bots annoying because they took so much longer than other players.

I think OrcaDK's big problem was that this would actually be making a decision for the player. Understandably, he wants to avoid his software being banned.

Party decreased the normal time / hand a few months ago, and they made it so you can only click the timebank with a few seconds left. I really hate it when I know I'm going to need 20 seconds to think about a hand, but I don't want to miss my 5 second timebank window, so i pause my brain to focus on clicking that thing.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:51 AM

Yes, well I wouldn't stall very often, it would basically only happen a few times per set maximum, when I happen to not raect in time. Even when they had the regular timebank I didnt use it that often. Itd just be nice to have the option and not have to freak out constantly each set. Anyway Im going to ask partypoker what they think.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:09 AM

I have indeed not implemented this yet in fear of Party's reaction. I have been in contact with O'Malley, and i have sent him a mail with the software and a description of it. I have yet to receive a reply on that mail [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I do believe that automatically pushing the time bank button might be considered "botting", so until i hear anything back from Party, i'm not going to implement it.

There will however soon be a new release of MTH supporting plugin extensions, that ought to make such a function pretty easy to implement oneself *hint*. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 05:22 AM

Well I dont want to do it unless party specifically gives the OKAY for this feature...Im too paranoid.