Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Det/GB Safety/No Safety

I'm such a nice guy, and I haven't changed the channel so I can still rewind it, so here you go:

Mike Patrick (MP): They're down to the 10!

Paul Maguire (PM): Kick it! Mike you kick that thing now. You kick it on 3rd down and I'll tell you why. Because if you make some kind of mistake, you've got another down. If they muff the snap--

Joe Theismann (JT): I don't agree with that.

PM: I know you don't.

JT: No, I think you run it, you put it right in the middle of the football field.

PM (sighs): You think it means that much to Longwell? It's about as far- its about as close to the middle as you're gonna get, and you've got THIRD DOWN!

JT: Eh, maybe you pick up a first down here. I think you put it in the middle of the football field for him. Make it as easy as possible.

MP: Well its not like the hashmarks make a whole lot of difference in the NFL, does it?

JT: Well, I dunno. Having never done that...

(next play is run)

PM: The only reason I say that, do it on 3rd down, because you're about as far as you're gonna go anyway, and if for some reason or other you have a bad snap, you have another down.

MP: Well, if it was cold, I would agree with you. But it's so nice tonight! {note: witty sarcasm}

PM: Well I tell you what, I don't get cold Mike. The only thing that happens to me, my nose runs a little bit.

MP: It's gained 1200 yards by itself tonight!

PM: Tee hee!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:31 AM

Something to the effect of "Well you're being tackled in your own endzone, you may as well try to throw it/fumble it forward, you have nothing to lose."

Except for the other team recovering on your 1 yard line, giving up 7 instead of 2.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:33 AM

BRILLIANT!!!!

thanks russ
Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Something to the effect of "Well you're being tackled in your own endzone, you may as well try to throw it/fumble it forward, you have nothing to lose."

Except for the other team recovering on your 1 yard line, giving up 7 instead of 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was pissing me off beyond belief as well
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM

Didn't mind it. Sometimes for the hell of it, I bet on the safety. Last night, I put $10 to win $140 on the safety. Because my friend was making other plays, I just told him to put the bet in for me.

After the game started, I saw that he put the $10 on "will the game go to overtime." instead, and on accident. The bet paid $130.