Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 11:03 AM

Default KK on paired board

New at this table so no reads as yet on anyone.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter

UTG ($135.80)
MP ($176.60)
CO ($80.50)
Hero ($98.50)
SB ($113.50)
BB ($28.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $7.

Flop: ($23.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, CO calls $15.

Turn: ($53.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero ?

At this point I am wondering what could he have that I am ahead of?
QQ is the most likely.
However, I could be badly behind JJ. However, I would have expected him to have bet out or check-raised the flop due to the flush draw.

AA is not an option as I would expect him to have raised again pre-flop and on the flop.

So, check behind or bet out?
What would be my action on the river.

Res of hand to follow.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: KK on paired board

bet 2/3 pot, be wary about a rr.

if called, i'd probably check behind on the river.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:10 AM

this could be AJ as well....depends on how donkeyish he is, but you don't know yet as you just sat down.

I'm surprised he didn't raise the flop if he had a set as it's four-flush flop. Headsup he probably doesn't fear it though. Also, he could easily have AA here....lots of people won't threebet AA preflop if it's already headsup as you lose all deception value. I doubt he has the three...so you are really worried about JJ or AA here, he could have QQ and is worried you have KK or AA himself but is committed to a calldown. I would go ahead and fire again, no reason to think you are behind. If you get checkraised then you have a decision to make.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 AM

I go harder on the flop, then fire maybe 3/4 to 1x pot on the turn. The three can be worrysome, so the hand does warrant some protection, if he calls a bigger flop bet, and your eventual turn bet is called as well, I look to fold to a RR, reads would be great in this hand.

The reason for taking this line is so that he will be out with something you beat, and it makes his line transparent if he's holding a monster. By transparent I mean, with a PFR like villain made, then a line of check/call check/call, then a big RR or push, you are behind and drawing to two or three outs, and it makes an easy fold. It is better in the long run to charge him earlier.

Cambraceres
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM

I started potting lots of flops and this is draw heavy.

watchman is correct w/ that.

Anyways He raised PF, so if he has JJ damn it but I don't think the 3 is in his hand range, do you?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:30 AM

Keep betting.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:43 AM

Bet 1/2 - 2/3 pot on the turn. If raised I'm probably outta here. Like you said, you're not ahead of very much here. Check the river if possible. If he bets 1/2 the pot or less on the end I'm probably calling. If more I may fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not ahead of very much here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM

I decided to check behind.

The river came up a blank.
He then pushed.

So, I followed the following logic:
If he had a real monster I reckon he would have bet out on the turn. He seemed to be chasing some sort of hand.
I reckoned that the push on the river was a bluff. If he really wanted a call then a smaller bet would have been better.

So, I called.

Pleased I did.

He showed AK.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:24 PM

nicely done.

your reasoning is sound and the hand played out well.

(pass me some of that sound reasoning and i'll slip you a $20 spot under the table)