Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If yes, how often?
Less then Weekly 4 20.00%
Weekly 1 5.00%
Daily 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

3 times. Once was at about 2am on the highway. I was crusing at about 120 and saw a cop on the left side of the road. I moved into the far left lane so that there was no way he could pull onto the highway until I was at least past him and just hit the gas. I was going 140 by the time I passed him. He started to pull out but then decided to not even try. I kept going to 160 and pulled off 2 exits ahead, never saw anyone else.

The next time I passed a cop on the other side of the median. I watched him make U-turn in my rear view mirror but at that point I was at least 1/4 mile ahead and I was in an area I knew well with a lot of possible turns. So I just took off.

The third time was just a few days ago. I passed a car at night sitting on a road to the right who started driving towards my road when I went by. I was about 80% sure it was a cop trying to pull me over. Normally I just pull to the side right away in those situations, but there was a huge line of cars coming up on the other side of the road and I had just enough time to make a U-turn and get ahead of them. The cop flashed me as I passed him again but there wasn't much he could do at that point.

I pull over way more than I try to outrun the cops, and I'd never consider getting into a high speed chase, but if I see an opportunity to disappear, and the cop hasn't even signalled for me to pull over yet, and I'm reasonably sure that even if he does catch up and turns on his lights I can pull over and act like I didn't know he was chasing me, I'll make an effort to get away.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:55 PM

3 Times but only with the Hyabusa...and when I was a lot younger.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 PM

on a motorcycle

numerous times

never caught

to avoid a monster ticket/ adrenaline rush....not to mention- because i could.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 PM

Why obviously, in a car?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why obviously, in a car?

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to on foot, not as opposed to on a motorcycle.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:41 PM

I'm going about 90 in a 70 MPH zone and look to my left and see the cop car right there gunning people. I see him start to try and pull onto the highway after me so I dart off the nearest exit and start booking. Of course he has absolutely no trouble following me so I just give it up. He asks me where I was going and why I got off the highway. I told him I was looking for a place to eat and he tells me I've already passed everything. Thankfully he stopped talking and gave me the ticket for the full 90 in a 70. I suppose that could have been a lot worse.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 PM

oh im not an OOT regular but ive got a crappy one.

im like 17, headed to some interview. im driving on a suspended license because i had already got three speeding tickets, which apparently means your license is suspended for 6 months in MD. who knew.

anyway i liked to drive fast back then, so i was doing about 100 in a 55, as a cop drove past me going the opposite direction. i also did not know, at that time, that cops could clock you going the other direction, so i made no attempt to slow down.

i see lights come on, and freak the [censored] out. i immediately turn down the first right turn i see, which happens to be a ridiculously bumpy, treacherous dirt road, which i proceed to fly down at about 60 miles per hour. as i'm driving down it, i can see the cop in my rear view, maybe about 3-400 feet behind me.

i remember as im driving that i have a friend who lives down this road, so i fishtail my way into his driveway, thinking i had lost the cop. i decide that i'll walk up to my friends door, as though i was just going for a visit, and i normally drive 60 miles/hour through twisty bumpy dirt roads.

unfortunately, about 5 seconds later, the cop pulls up, starts freakin out and cursing at me, arrests me, curses at me a whole lot more, and "takes me down to the station." i then had to call my mother and explain that while i had been arrested and her car had been towed, i was still a good kid and she should come pick me up. thankfully, she did.

pretty big bummer though. next time i'll just pull over, or have a faster car.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:33 PM

The down side simply is so much greater than the upside I wouldn't even seriously consider it.

The closest I've come was about a split second before I pulled over (and I KNOW I would have gotten away). I was decending a mountain road in a sports car when I came around a hair pin turn and their was a cop in bronco going the other way. He flipped on his lights and I pulled over. 40 seconds later he pulled up behind me after going around the hair pin and making a u-turn. I clearly could have out run him but why. I paid my $120 ticket and moved on (I had more than $120 worth of fun on the drive up). When he left, I told my wife I would gladly pay anothe $120 for the ride we had going up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 PM

I've done it and gotten away, but not in a car (at least not when they were close enough). It was on foot once and on foot and then into a car once. Both times it was for worse reasons than the poll allows.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:45 AM

you need to have some find of "just committed a felony" option for the second poll. for example, what would a bank robber choose there?

my friends and I torched a billboard in the middle of some podunk town, did that race through neighborhood and hide in a driveway thing. there was twice we went through an intersection and like two blocks down the cross street a cop was driving through other way. I thought we were toast, our car reeked of gasoline.