Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: short stacked, what kind of hands do i want to get all in multiway

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm too lazy to run hands 5-way. Anybody want to volunteer?

[/ QUOTE ]

what program do people use to make those lists for holdem hands? like where it ranks hands against X # of opponents with hands in the top Y%
Old 12-03-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would get it all in with any kind of playable hand including hands like 5667 and 3467 unsuited. Generally there is enough of a chance that you will be getting 4-1 on your 20BB and one or more of the other players will drop out
when they still had a chance to win the pot, giving you an overlay on your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

i figure hands like 5667 or 3467 fare worse than Axs + Kxs with someother broadway, but i'm not sure and really have no way to prove it (hence the thread)

usually only 1 or 2 opponents will stay until showdown
Old 12-03-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm too lazy to run hands 5-way. Anybody want to volunteer?

[/ QUOTE ]

what program do people use to make those lists for holdem hands? like where it ranks hands against X # of opponents with hands in the top Y%

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean pokerstove? the programmer andrew prock said he plans on adding Omaha some day but it's not a big priority for him.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you mean pokerstove? the programmer andrew prock said he plans on adding Omaha some day but it's not a big priority for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats the one. i hope he adds it one day. i'd really like to see how the hand rankings change as more people get added.
the only problem i see is that different players could have a wide difference on what they consider the top 20%, 10%, or 5% hands. so it could be tough to give them a range of hands
Old 12-03-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats the one. i hope he adds it one day. i'd really like to see how the hand rankings change as more people get added.
the only problem i see is that different players could have a wide difference on what they consider the top 20%, 10%, or 5% hands. so it could be tough to give them a range of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the way it works is you set a hand-range for the player based on your read of them and then it quantifies your equity versus that range. It would be tougher to put your opponent on a tight range preflop in Omaha but postflop you could do it relatively easily if you know the player at all.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:40 AM

These kinds of hands tend to have a [censored]load of equity in low and mid limit PLO games online because people overplay the crap out of big pairs and broadway cards. Anytime you are all in in a multiway pot with a low run or a low pair and two coordinated cards you are going to be neutral equity at the very least in these games and quite often a decent favorite. Beset's example was *somewhat* extreme but not really too far out. I'll put my stack in with 5677ss before I'll do the same with AKQJss.