Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Would you call??

I guess i have some realizing to do but theres no way i would ever be checking thru on the river here. For OP i would reccomend not posting the results as it might skew the responses because i cant see how the majority of people here really would believe in a 5 handed .25/50 game to check thru with two pair on the river. You might get better responses without posting final hand results but if it was me im playing it the same way and just like someone earlier said thats just one of those hands.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The small blind player is very aggressive post flop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason checking through the river is correct. A very agressive post flop player is either on a missed draw (won't call your bet) or a monster (situation we have here).

Never make bets that cannot make you money.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hindsight is 20/20 but I say check through the river... a "very agressive postflop" player is just calling you. That's standard rope-a-dope for us maniacs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Plus, if that's your eval of him, he seemed to expect from the beginning that you would lead out and you did. He let your aggression make money for him. Maybe you should also be considering what others' perceptions of your game are. I also agree w/ smoore's second point. Considering that you haven't been value betting, but betting pot or near-pot, your river bet is only going to be called by someone who has you beat.