Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Blind steal w/A4o

SB looks pretty tight and BB is unknown. So I figured I'd take a shot...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>...
Old 06-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Blind steal w/A4o

Hmmmmmm. I don't think you have a 3bet here with your 2pr, but you def don't have a fold. I'm calling and calling the river unless I fill up. I think you'll see A8+ here enough times to balance the times the sb has a set or a 3 (though why he would call pf w/a 3, except for 33, I don't know)

-Jaran
Old 06-08-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

He 3-bets the flop and check-raises the turn? You're in usually in big trouble, even though you have two pair. Just call down and hope he has A2 and not a set, A3, or 33.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:46 PM

Call down from here. The turn c/r seems strange -- he 3-bet the flop, was he really expecting you to bet on the turn?
Old 06-08-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A4o has a decent equity edge against two random hands and you have position. A raise in this situation should be standard regardless of your opponents.

It looks to me like SB doesn't like people going after his blinds and might be overplaying whatever he has. Just call it down and spike the 4 on the river.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM

OK, the consensus seems to be to call down and that the preflop raise was OK. It's always tough to know when to give credit for a hand in a steal situation.

[ QUOTE ]
Just call it down and spike the 4 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this looked like the best line to me too...

SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results:
Hero has 4d Ac (full house, fours full of aces).
SB shows Ts As (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB.

And to make it even sweeter, here was the tablechat after the hand:

SB: fu.ckyou sloppyass fa.gget
gharp: sloppyass?
SB: slob
SB: a fu.cking A4 off suit in that position moron
SB: your a ratbastard
Mr. 62% VP$IP: last time I checked anyone can play any 2 cards they want...lol

Sweet, sweet Party Poker! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 05:56 PM

Perhaps I tend to overplay in this situation, but I think his play on the flop screams a decent A and his weird check raise on the turn definetely isn't enough to stop me from 3 betting that with two pair.

Not only do you have two pair, but your read says he's pretty tight which reduces the chances he's holding a 3 for a straight, other then that A5 or a set is all you have to worry about.

If you get capped call it down, but I mean two pair here looks pretty good to me especially with his play on the flop which I think screams A with a decent kicker which is the only hand other then a set or A5 I can see him 3 betting a preflop raiser with.

IMHO
T