Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 07:30 PM

Default 2 annoying Party Poker features -- how to fix??

Any ideas about these two annoying Party features?

1) Whenever you run out of time for a turn (perhaps b/c you're preoccupied with multi-tabling), Party folds your hand, and automatically puts you "out of play" for the next hand, even when you return to the table before the next hand is dealt. Usually not much of a problem, except, when you're UTG, so you miss your big blind. Any way to avoid this?

2) Why does your cash remain "in play" at the tables, for a few minutes even after you've left the table. Again, just a minor annoyance, but it means I can't hop tables quickly.

On the plus side, though, anyone else noticed that if you miss your little blind hand on Party, they don't make you post it, if you want to come back in next hand?
Old 07-26-2004, 07:40 PM

Default Re: 2 annoying Party Poker features -- how to fix??

To help with your first question. click auto blinds, than click deal me out, than click deal me out, than click auto blinds back on. You have to do this before the hand is completed. This works for me.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:41 PM

No way to fix number 2. It waits until the hand ends before the money goes back to your account. As for number 1, I find it to be a good thing. Lets say you just went to the store and didn't sit out. We would then have to wait for minutes every time it came to your person. If you can't act in time at every table you're on, then you're on too many tables. People shouldn't have to wait just because you're slow.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:42 PM

I'm not saying it shouldn't automatically deal you out next hand; i'm saying that if you do make it back to the table before the next hand is dealt, you should be able to do something to make sure you get dealt in the next hand. But the first poster looks like he answered my Q.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:18 PM

it will sometimes work if you were to click the deal me out button 2 or 3 times or whatever before the next hand. this somehow helps it recognize that you are indeed ready for the next hand.

it definitely takes longer than just the completion of the hand to get your money back sometimes. it's just another one of those silly annoying party bugs.
you can try buying-in with less than your whole party bank-roll...that way you will always have enough for another seat if a juicy-table has an opening.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it shouldn't automatically deal you out next hand; i'm saying that if you do make it back to the table before the next hand is dealt, you should be able to do something to make sure you get dealt in the next hand. But the first poster looks like he answered my Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by YOU'RE not saying and he answer YOUR question. This topic wasn't started by you...
Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 PM

The feature as it is has its merits:

1. Player was dealt out because he was multitabling when he should not have been, too fast, 15" monitor, who knows why?
2. Player did not click "deal me out" when he went to the washroom, or store.
3. Phone call from mommy took too long.

Whatever the reason, technology, family, incompetence, or just simple inconsideration, the player made up to 9 others wait for him to time out. So, whether he return in time or has gone to the store, I think it fair he is simply dealt out.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:49 AM

I agree...people who multitable when they don't have the speed or for whatever other reason make people wait 40 seconds for them to time out, they deserve to be punished.

As for #2: They have to finish the current hand before they can let your money go.