Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: On Rudeness

I agree 100%.

However, you can't really expect many zoo regulars to respond to "how do I open multiple party accounts" threads in a particularly cheerful way after seeing 3 of them a day. I also think that frequently, it's not a matter of being a jerk, but just that a lot regulars don't feel like spending time and formulating a response that is particularly elegant since they've already said it multiple times.

For example, I frequent the micro/SS limit and HUSH forums. A lot of times I'm pretty blunt with my responses "Flop raise sucks" and might follow with a "you probably shouldn't be playing X/Y limit (if you are making this mistake)". I'm not trying to be an ass -- it's just that I've said it so many times I don't really feel I need to spend extra time to write it in a way that "sounds better". They want advice, and I give it to them short and sweet -- I don't think they should take offense.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:45 AM

I totally agree. These days, it seems like 2+2 is having an internal battle of who can deliver the worst/most creative insults. I have seen many polite posts being instantly attacked with aggression and sarcasm. Almost as if some posters are trying to boost their egos by finding excuses to belittle people.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:20 AM

Just summarised 2+2 to a mate the other day, good for looking for the odd bonus code, if you can be bothered trawling through the 1000s of posts of people bragging or bickering like kids.

The regular posters (generalising) have intelectual delusions of grandier, your forum is useful to a point, but really your not special, just annoying mostly.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 AM

Great post ELSAPO. Seriously, I agree 100% with what you are saying, after all I got Crap post of the day once [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I try to respect everyone and be polite at all times, but thats easier said then done sometimes!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The regular posters (generalising) have intelectual delusions of grandier, your forum is useful to a point, but really your not special, just annoying mostly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the forums are still pretty decent, generally the ones with less traffic. I quickly learned not to bother with micros and small stakes. Every once in a while I make the mistake of going back, and I'm reminded why.

There is a good deal of decent poker discussion here if you know where to look.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just summarised 2+2 to a mate the other day, good for looking for the odd bonus code, if you can be bothered trawling through the 1000s of posts of people bragging or bickering like kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 10:33 AM

Though I basically agree with the original poster, let's not forget this part of the forum has a reputation to live up to. This place is not called the Zoo for nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 10:44 AM

Agreed, this could be posted in OOT... actually in almost every forum.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

this could be applicably cross-posted in probably every forum on here.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, rudeness has and always will be a part of any internet message board. Theres no way to stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have read many message boards about other topics. Some are much more polite than 2+2. Some are much less polite. It wouldn't break a law of physics for people to be more polite here.

Moron. <font color="white">That was a joke.</font>

[ QUOTE ]

Best to just see it for what it really is. It's not a big deal at all once you accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]
That you have accepted the level of rudeness does not mean all potentially worthwhile contributors have also accepted it. The first hand I posted on 2+2 (in microlimits) received a wide range of responses, including one over-the-top "FOAD" by someone who misread my post. That didn't stop me, but it would drive away other people. I think periodic reminders not to drive people away for no reason are helpful.