Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Firepay = Dickheads

I made a FirePay deposit to Ultimate Bet a while ago. About a week later, I had an issue with Amazon.com about some books I sold with them and they were threatening to take the funds from my checking account. I called my bank (Chase) and they closed my checking account and opened a new one for me. I hadn't realized that the Firepay debit hadn't gone through yet.

I got an email from FirePay collections that said I needed to send them the $100 deposit + a $25 fee for the failed transaction. Even though I explained what happened and they are able to verify this with Chase, they insisted that they couldn't remove the fee.

Whatever, if they have to charge the fee fine, but the guy told me that if the Error had been an incorrect account number, like if I have them someone elses account number or a a non-account number by accident, they would have taken off the fee. But since the error said Account Closed, they refused, even though, in my eyes, it is pretty much the same thing.

The account I gave them doesn't exist. If it never existed and the payment bounced, they would have waived the fee, but since it used to exist and is now closed they can't waive it.

In conclusion, Firepay = dickheads.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Firepay = Dickheads

You need to grow up and take some responsibility for your fukups. This will be good practice as I see many more in your future.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:47 PM

I don't know the specifics of your case, and won't pretend to. I do know that I have heard enough bad things about Firepay that I don't trust them enough to use them.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:02 PM

you closed a bank account which had a pending debit from it, you lose
Old 11-17-2005, 11:02 PM

All of the online payment services are dickheads. PayPal, FirePay, ePassporte, Neteller.. no exceptions.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:07 PM

It is too bad that you tried to screw Amazon by changing your checking account and got screwed by Firepay. LMFAO

What is amazing though, is that you think you have been wronged, and posted it here so everybody would feel sorry for you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The account I gave them doesn't exist. If it never existed and the payment bounced, they would have waived the fee, but since it used to exist and is now closed they can't waive it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this look like a contradiction to you?

I wouldn't care if it was the policy to never refund the fee, but if I was in a similiar but slightly different situation they would have.

And I was not trying to screw over Amazon. I sold a very expensive book to a buyer who claimed he never got it, despite signature confirmation on delivery, and Amazon was doing their stupid "A to Z" customer always right guarantee thing.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you closed a bank account which had a pending debit from it, you lose

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. If you had written a check against the account, and then closed the account before the person deposited the check (causing it to bounce) you would have been liable for all sorts of fees. This is no different.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:13 AM

Firepay did a similar thing to me a couple years ago. In their deposit window they used to have a notice that said, "It is impossible to benefit from a fraudulent EFT." I, obviously, assumed that meant they check your checking account balance for adequate funds before putting money into your firepay account. Of course they are a bunch of liars and don't do that. Instead, when I requested a $500 deposit they gave it to me instantly. I naively thought this was because they could check my bank balance that quickly. $500 in hand, I put it into Stars where I lost it pretty quickly in a couple big tournaments.

A few days later I got a phone call. Apparently I got my checking accounts mixed up and Firepay was now trying to debit one of my accounts for $500 that wasn't there. They did this 3 times.

I was then fined by my bank 3 times for that. I was also fined by firepay 3 times for that. I was then charged a fee for a wire transfer to my checking account so firepay could get their damn money. Then Firepay told Pokerstars to give them the $500 back. Pokerstars then fined me and said if i screw up again I'm done.

I kept telling firepay this never would have happened if it *was* actually impossible to benefit from a fraudulent EFT like they said. I was also pretty pissed they tried to debit my account 3 times within an hour. Clearly the money is NOT going to be there if it wasn't there 10 minutes before! And why the [censored] did they go and demand the money from stars when I had told them I was wiring it to my checking account and it should be there in a matter of hours?

For this I hate firepay. Sure I screwed up a bit, but that doesn't mean I should have been fined 8 times for it.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:31 AM

guys, this is how igm pay and these sites work. this is why igm specifically calls them "e-checks". they work like checks. in both tony and xchamps example, they [censored] up. they wrote a check and then used their accounts in a way in which it couldnt clear. granted, xchamp should not have been fined multiple times, that is way out of line. theres no argument here.

they give you the money instantly for your benefit, if they didnt work this way everyone would complain "OMG WTF y do i have 2 wait THREE DAYS"

moral of the story: when you write someone a check, make sure you have money in the account to cover it. dont close that account before the check clears. very simple.

tony youre wrong on basically every count here, are you trying to trick amazon out of the money they are asking for? do you realize how that might not be a good idea, or that you are wrong and shouldnt have done business with a system that is as easily cheated as you say it is?