Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: I can\'t win.

1. i think you shouldn't move up if you can't crush a limit. stay at 2/4.
2. ur folding too many winners. w$sd% should be between 50-55.
3. too aggressive across the street. ur putting in ur money when ur behind too often.
4. defend your blinds more. steal more.

good luck.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 PM

If your aggression factor is so high on the flop you are probably finding that it feels like you

a) hit a lot but everyone folds = small winner or
b) you miss and call down a villian who has a stronger than average hand = big loser.

Try to get away from hands sooner when they flop nothign or scary boards. Try to play a tiny bit looser pf.

You will do much better.
Greg
Old 12-16-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your aggression factor is so high on the flop you are probably finding that it feels like you

b) you miss and call down a villian who has a stronger than average hand = big loser.

Try to get away from hands sooner when they flop nothign or scary boards. Try to play a tiny bit looser pf.

You will do much better.
Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

This post sucks so bad.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 PM

is that true? since af = (bet+raise/call) i would think that he either 1. bets too much 2. folds too much or little bit of both with his AF.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:07 PM

Akimka,

It looks like your BB/100 is much higher at 5/10. I'd suggest playing there instead of playing breakeven 2/4.

Regards,
Redd
Old 12-16-2005, 03:11 PM

I think the problem is not that you're too aggressive postflop, but that you have trouble seeing the slightly +EV situations that warrant calling more postflop. Your leak might be folding too many profitable hands and giving up your implied odds postflop.

You should try to loosen up preflop. Try to play as many hands as you can with position against weaker opponents. If you're folding you're not making money off the weak ones.

Lastly, you're folding in the BB way too much. I'd say around 50-55% would be optimal. There are many more situations where you can call and see the flop for profit. You have the equity, don't give the money away! Push your edges!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:29 PM

I love you for making this post. Now i know there is a graphing tool for Postgres databases. Bless you. *SMOOTCH

Sorry for the NC.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:36 PM

Some stat differences:

- I call on the flop twice as much as you (18%)
- My folded to river bet is 33%.

It seems you are pumping up the flop/turn with hands like AKo and then folding the river. If you are going to the river with AKo, you should call even with Ace-high heads-up.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You will do much better.
Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

This post sucks so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks that was constructive.

OP needs to get better reads, stop autobetting the flop, check his odds including discounting some for scary boards. He needs to loosen up Pf, and realize that people are slowplaying monsters against him becasue he autobets with nothing. Also he needs to call down more. I bluff religiously against people who I know will fold the river this much.

Although I didnt take my time saying it doesnt mean that my post sucked.

Maybe he ought to drop down and play some 6max for a while to get used to playing more hands PF. 6 max can really help to open up your game at full ring.

Greg
Old 12-16-2005, 04:29 PM

I agree Harv. Repeat after me..."it's OK to call"..."it's ok to call"...I don't need to raise or fold.