Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:45 AM

Default AA in big multiway pot

Alright I think this line is basically correct. I don't like my hand after the flop bet gets called but I can't see folding so pushing seems like my only option.

Stats for these guys:
BB is 32/11 over 500 hands.
MP3 I have 2 hands on this guy.
Button is 33/7 over 27 hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($93)
MP1 ($60.25)
MP2 ($83.45)
MP3 ($99)
CO ($187.90)
Button ($38.65)
Hero ($105.25)
BB ($160.40)
UTG ($80.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4, Hero (poster) calls $3.50, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, BB calls $20, UTG folds, MP3 calls $20, Button calls $20.

Turn: ($100) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero calls $81.25 (All-In), BB folds, MP3 calls $75 (All-In), Button calls $14.65 (All-In).

River: ($270.90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $270.90

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP3 has Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
Button has 8d Kd (high card, king).
Hero has Ad Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $270.90. </font>
Old 12-12-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: AA in big multiway pot

Reraise before the flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:48 AM

You should really check/fold the turn. You are really lucky that you wound up against worse hands. That said, re-raise pre-flop. It's makes it much more difficult to get into these sticky situations post-flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 AM

While in hindsight reraising preflop seems pretty obvious, I just really don't like doing that in general. Especially considering that in this hand I'm in the small blind so I think a lot of the time this pot is going to be 3 way with me and the 2 already in for a raise. I know that I love when a semi competent player reraises me preflop when I have AQ or something because then I can feel safe laying it down for a loss of only 4-5 bucks.

Because of this I'm far more likely to call with suited connectors or whatever that could break them than something that would make a second best hand. I don't know I just wanted to give my thinking on it so that you can tell me that I'm wrong on that and make it clear I'm not trying to get mor ethan a 3 way pot here.

With all that said I think I agree that with those 2 in for a raise and the limper, reraising here is probably correct.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While in hindsight reraising preflop seems pretty obvious, I just really don't like doing that in general. Especially considering that in this hand I'm in the small blind so I think a lot of the time this pot is going to be 3 way with me and the 2 already in for a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you reraise pre-flop so that you WON'T be playing a 3-way pot OOP against a pre-flop aggressor. Knock out the limpers and get it heads up with a raise.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:09 AM

I don't think that this is a fold on the turn. I think a solid hand raises you somewhere on a board like that on the flop. That said, the pf raise is almost mandatory, you would prefer not to have 68 opponents. It also makes the entire hand easier. If they both call for say $10, you have like 30 on the flop, and you can get more of your stack involved. As played, I think the turn push is key because the pot is already big on the turn, and everybody has acted so far like they are on a draw. Poboy care to comment on this?